Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
About the role:
As the first line of defence for Forter’s customers, you will actively manage and resolve customer inbound tickets in accordance with our world-class SLAs. As the voice of the customer, you will work with internal teams to identify and develop solutions that automate and improve the client’s experience.
In addition, you will be responsible for standardising documentation, training clients on platform best practices and procedures as well as troubleshooting and escalating responsibilities.
This role requires a strong mix of customer service plus excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
What you'll be doing:
- Become a trusted subject matter expert on the Forter product, find creative solutions for our customers to succeed and serve as the first point of contact
- Help customers get the most out Forter’s platform and enable them to become power users of the product and fill in any gaps in their product knowledge
- Develop and execute short-term solutions to resolve complex client issues
- Collaborate and organize both customer personnel and in-house resources to troubleshoot and resolve issues working with our Engineering teams to identify and report bugs
- Be an advocate for our customers and be proactive in finding solutions to any issues that may arise
- Collect customer feedback, work with Product to preemptively solve product issues and identify trends in feature requests and report these to our product team
- Contribute to internal documentation and assist teammates in understanding and handling technical issues
- Work in a fast-paced environment while delivering world class results for our customers and internal stakeholders
- Document interactions, paths to resolution, and successes for both customers and internal audiences
- Set follow-up actions and provide regular updates on the status of active issues to all stakeholders
- Continuously manage customer issues and satisfaction
What you'll need:
- Fluent in Mandarin and experience working in an English speaking environment
- 4+ years of customer service experience required and experience in customer support with a technical product
- Experience working with relevant tooling including ticketing systems such as Salesforce, Zendesk, JIRA, Asana, WeChat
- You are a quick, clear writer and an amazing communicator; able to break down a complex technology or problem in a way that is easy to understand
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion for consistently providing a great customer experience
- Experience troubleshooting tech issues and relaying information in a digestible way to customers required
- Experience balancing multiple tasks and customer needs simultaneously
- Candidates have strong customer service experience (preferably in software/FinTech support, or a similar field)
- Capable of working individually and as part of a team to solve technical problems
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, superior time management
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Private health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays, every Friday
- Work from home allowance
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.