Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
About the role:
Forter is looking for a Recovery Analyst to research and cultivate new paths for fraud chargeback recoveries.
As a member of our growing Recovery Operations team, you will be using your analytical and self-learning skills to fight fraud chargebacks. You will be reviewing fraud chargebacks and building dispute cases to recover funds on behalf of our merchants, monitor our success rates, and analyze results. You’ll also have the opportunity to influence key product decisions through your insights, while supporting the evolution of our automated solution.
We are looking for a results driven person, with strong attention to detail - with the ability to use your knowledge to construct the next level automated solution in the world of chargeback recoveries. This person should enjoy working with clients and creating the best solution possible, all while communicating with multiple stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Become an expert in fraud chargebacks and recovery.
- Investigate chargeback data, submit disputes, and analyze results.
- Directly impact Forter's innovative products by formulating your ideas into insights and collaborating with a team of A-player analysts and engineers.
- Review and investigate transactions resulting in chargebacks, extract emerging trends, and glean impactful insights to improve our chargeback management solution.
What you’ll need:
- BSc in industrial engineering/BA in economics, statistics, or other relevant fields OR 1-2 years of proven experience in product oriented data analytics/business/data analysis.
- Outstanding analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Creative problem solving skills & goal oriented personality.
- The ability to work independently when given abstract tasks, but collaboratively when necessary.
- Strong communication skills and fluent English.
- Enthusiasm and motivation.
- High proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets.
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 450 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion, making us the most valuable privately-held fraud prevention company globally. Our investors include Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.