Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
About the role:
The Customer Success department is the backbone of everything Forter does, and as an Enterprise Customer Success Manager, you’ll be a key addition to that team. Forter’s technology is on the cutting edge, and as such, the Customer Success team is in an exciting position to show customers how to benefit from that value. Unlike Customer Success at some companies where you may feel like a middle-man, Forter strives for more. We put a great deal of faith in our CSMs who are responsible not only for customer satisfaction, but also for renewals, expansion, and providing strategic insights. In this role you’ll build lasting relationships with client executives, solve complex business challenges, and grow partnerships, all while developing business, technical, and relationship skills that’ll be the cornerstone of your future career.
What you'll be doing:
- Enable a variety of client stakeholders on Forter’s portal and technology close to the account going live. Run ongoing training and enablement for clients as well.
- Quarterback high impact engagements, particularly monthly and quarterly business reviews to communicate Forter’s performance and value to client executives
- Procure advocacy from your clients in the form of reference calls, case studies, etc. that act as sales accelerators and turn our partners into active promoters
- Leverage your client relationships and knowledge of Forter’s solution to generate upsell opportunities that you will collaborate with the Sales team on
- Own the retention number for your book of business and oversee the renewal process for expiring client contracts
- Share key insights about Forter’s product and processes internally with our Product and leadership teams to help point the company roadmap in the right direction
- Direct client technical inquiries or troubleshooting questions to our Support team and help that team where necessary to ensure a positive customer experience
- Maintain clean data within our internal systems to ensure that both you and Forter’s leadership team have the most accurate info possible about the book of business
What you'll need:
- 4-5 years of post-live, client-facing Customer Success experience
- Experience leading monthly and quarterly business reviews with client executives where you described the value and ROI of your company’s solution
- Experience communicating client business objectives or issues to your internal leadership in order to form a strategic account plan
- Experience collaborating with your internal Product, R&D, and/or operations team to understand client needs and communicate product feedback
- Experience enabling and training your clients on how to use your company’s UX both initially and on an ongoing basis
- Experience in a SaaS startup environment, and in either the payments, fraud, or finance industry is a bonus
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, be trusted to drive initiatives autonomously and gain buy in from a wide collection of stakeholders
- Ability to break down ambiguous and nuanced problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions
- Openness to being hands on. Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get in the weeds while solving complex operational problems
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 450 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion, making us the most valuable privately-held fraud prevention company globally. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
- Competitive salary and Quarterly company bonus
- Private health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays, every Friday
- Work from home allowance
- Annual company-wide event - Forter Week
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.