Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have an outsized impact.
About the role:
Forter is seeking a talented Assistant Controller to join our finance team. As such, you will be assisting in managing the financial reporting and compliance operations. You will report to the Corporate controller.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist in preparing monthly/ quarterly/ annual consolidated financial statements (US GAAP)
- Support the day to-day finance operations of Forter subsidiaries and ongoing communication with finance teams abroad
- Preparation of materials for the quarterly and annual reports and working with the external auditors
- Provide analytical analysis as needed.
- Prepare statutory reports such as annual financial reports and tax reports for global subsidaries .
- Special projects and assignments as needed
- Cooperate with team members and colleagues for organizational support while maintaining excellent work relations and level of service.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (CPA)
- Internship at one of the Big4, specializing in Hi-Tech
- Knowledge of US GAAP and State laws, experience working with US financial entities
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English skills - written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complete tasks with limited supervision
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion, making us the most valuable privately-held fraud prevention company globally. Our investors include Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.