Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
Forter was created in order to build a seamless trust experience between our merchants and their customers. Similarly, the Merchant Solution Team’s goal is to facilitate a seamless integration experience between our merchants and us.
The team is responsible for ensuring merchants, and especially their developer teams, can get up and running using our APIs as quickly and easily as possible. We do this by providing them clear documentation, easy-to-use tooling, and SDKs to complete the integration process painlessly and ensure it was done correctly. Whether it’s a direct API integration, or using one of our eCommerce-platform extensions, we strive to make using Forter’s services a breeze.
Your work will range from building influential tooling to expedite integrations, ensuring the robustness of those systems to handle large scale, to building great merchant-facing UIs in our Developer Hub – all in service of minimizing the engineering and operational effort of our merchants to begin using Forter’s products . This is an exciting opportunity to partner with teams across Forter to build the best onboarding experience possible.
What you’ll be doing:
- Invent, build, and maintain tools and services that facilitate Forter’s exponential growth - own our Developers Hub.
- Be an integral part of driving the future direction of the Solution Engineering team through innovative initiatives, to continuously improve our merchants’ onboarding and integration experience.
- Supporting our third-party e-commerce platform extensions. Learning the platform ecosystems, become knowledgeable in extension architectures and how they connect to Forter, understanding the different extension features, how they fit into the various Forter flows, and how they provide value to our merchants
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers
What you’ll need:
- At least 5 years of experience writing and maintaining complex backend systems using a modern programming language
- Experience with the web-services
- Experience with event-driven, microservice architectures
- Experience with cloud computing
- Familiarity with e-commerce platforms, processes, and common issues associated with API based integrations is a plus.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in heterogeneous production environments.
- Comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
We’d love to hear if you have:
- Experience with AWS and Azure
- Built modules for e-commerce platforms (e.g. Magento, Demandware)
- Experience working with or building online payment interfaces.
- Experience from other eCommerce companies
- Competitive salary
- Up to 100% coverage for health insurance, including vision and dental
- Stock options
- Generous parental leave
- Matching 401K Plan
- Half-day Fridays
- Flexible PTO policy
- Home office allowance
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.*