Forter provides new generation fraud prevention to meet the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. Only Forter provides fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ fraud prevention, with approve/decline decisions backed by a 100% chargeback guarantee. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered fraud detection mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series E valuation of over 1.3 Billion. Our investors include; Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
We are looking for a hands-on Staff Accountant to join our growing New York-based Finance team. This individual will be a key contributor on the team to ensure the accurate and timely closing of monthly books, assistance with annual audits, and compliance with policies and procedures. Additionally, this individual will innovate and drive efficiencies through continual evaluation of our systems and business processes. This role will report directly to the Controller.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist in Accounting operations including A/P, GL, Payroll, Tax, and account reconciliations
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- Performance of daily accounting tasks, including assisting with banking transactions, payroll, etc.
- Analyze the financial statements at month-end for accuracy and identify any issues to senior management
- Assist in preparation for our year-end audit
- Support the effort to optimize the ERP system
- Assist in the preparation and filing of local, state, and federal taxes
- Process sales tax returns through Avalara with multiple revenue streams
- Ad hoc projects as needed
What you'll need:
- 2+ years of combined accounting and finance experience (SaaS industry experience is a plus)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA preferred (or parts passed)
- Knowledge of GAAP and experience working with various accounting systems
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Must be a highly organized and detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Experience with Netsuite ERP preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office and G Suite skills
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401K plan
- Up to 100% covered health insurance, plus dental & vision insurance
- Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half-day Fridays
- Home office allowance
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.*