Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
Overview of role
The Business Development team leads efforts to find new distribution channels for Forter’s existing products. In addition, the BD team is charged with collaborating with the product team to craft and sell new products that will be appealing to new target markets. Reporting to the VP of Business Development, the Director of Business Development for Financial Institutions will spearhead existing and new partnerships in the Financial Institution space.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders – including product, marketing, and others – to successfully iterate on products and services that will be attractive to Banks/FI’s
- Solidify existing strategic partnerships in the space - we are looking to create an ecosystem of trust across the full payments landscape
- Forge additional partnerships with FI’s: You will be responsible for driving contract negotiations, financial terms, key operational objectives, and relationship structure
- Be ready, willing, and able to pitch in as required on other company strategic initiatives as dictated by partner cadence and workflow
What you’ll need
- At least 7+ years of business development or other related experience with a track record of successfully creating partnerships and driving revenue
- Familiarity with the payments ecosystem – experience working at or partnering with Financial Institutions
- Excellent communication skills: you are a clear thinker, speaker, and writer; highly creative in messaging and visually presenting complex topics and comfortable with sr. level audiences
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues across different functions including product, marketing, and sales
- Ability to travel 20-40% of the time
Additional Attributes that could be helpful
- Startup background – Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements
- Knowledge of issuer fraud/risk operations
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401K Plan
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance, including vision and dental coverage Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.