Forter provides a new generation of fraud prevention to meet the challenges of modern enterprise e-commerce. Only Forter provides fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ fraud prevention, with approve/decline decisions backed by a 100% chargeback guarantee. The system eliminates the need for rules, scores or manual reviews, making fraud prevention friction-free. The result is fraud prevention that is invisible to buyers and empowers merchants with increased approvals, smoother checkout and a near elimination of inaccurate decisions - meaning more sales and happier customers. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered fraud detection mechanism.
About the role:
Forter is looking for a Tech Support Specialist to deliver a great experience to our internal users (engineers, analysts, data scientists, etc). If you’re constantly curious, tech savvy, and an outstanding communicator we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Spend the majority of your time troubleshooting complex user issues and communicating with engineers, analysts, researchers and data scientists
- Work with Infra teams to diagnose and solve the more complex technical user problems
- Optimize our support documentation and processes to improve users’ experiences and help take our onboarding to the next level
- Have an opportunity to learn how Forter operates from the ground up and make an impact on the future of the organization
- Debug issues (on premise or remotely) and apply creative problem solving with MacOS, bash, Unix, git, Python and more
- Handle user permissions in multiple systems like AWS, Okta, LastPass, GSuite, GitHub, PagerDuty and others.
- Take initiative - got a great idea that'll make our team's day-to-day better? Let's hear it!
What you'll need:
- Be proficient in working in a technical environment and comfortable working to solve technical user issues
- Be technically savvy and be able to navigate multiple complex systems simultaneously to respond to user inquiries
- Love troubleshooting and debugging new issues
- Have strong written communication skills and the ability to interact with users clearly and empathetically (in English!)
On the technical side, we’d love for you to have some experience with any/all of the following:
- System administration - installation using and debugging of brew, pip, etc.
- Python + Bash scripting
- Shells - Bash, Zsh, dotfiles, env. vars like PATH, which, etc.
- Standard Python tooling (pip, pyenv, virtualenv, etc.)
- Managed cloud environments (AWS/Azure/GCP)
We believe that head-count is a vanity metric (i.e. more doesn’t necessarily mean better), and that people matter! This is why we prefer smaller teams of talented individuals with strong cohesion over “just give us some more working hands”.
We believe that the metric we should optimize for is increasing the IQ and EQ of our team over time, by building an organization that will draw such people to us. We care immensely about how the team works together, and we don’t shy away from hard conversations. When you try to make an impact, friction (of opinions, or business constraints) is something you need to deal with.
Most of our teams have a generalist-mindset, but our system is vast and we have people developing expertise in areas they are passionate about.
We are big believers in having Skin in the game as a way of setting the alignment of incentives to build things right, and picking boring technology as we respect the complexity of our system and business.
You should join to help us build a better version of Forter, rather than a smaller version of a large company. If you’re up for the challenge, please submit your CV!
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.