Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges facing modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
What you'll be doing:
- Improve the company’s security standing by developing security features for use in the company’s cloud infrastructure
- Develop and take ownership of automated security tools for internal company use, beginning identity and access management (MFA, Temporary privileges, Secret management)
- Deploy application security scanning, tracking, and resolution tools
- Manage sensitive data discovery, classification, and management
- Perform security analysis in big data environments
- Build and maintain security infrastructure and tools used by all of Forter's engineering teams
- Ensure a great customer experience for people using your infrastructure
- Implement resilient, self-healing systems, replacing alerts and ops work with automation wherever possible.
What you'll need:
- 3+ years developing complex software projects (Python / Ruby / Go / etc.)
- 2+ years with configuration management tools (Chef / Ansible / Salt / etc.)
- 2+ years working with infrastructure as code tools (CloudFormation / Terraform / Pulumi / etc.)
- Extensive experience working with public clouds (AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Solid grasp of Computer Systems fundamentals: Networking, Cryptography & PKI, Linux-based OS, and its subsystems
- Solid system analysis skills and a good approach to troubleshooting
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production
We would especially love to hear if you:
- Have a passion for application or infrastructure security
- Have experience with CNCF projects like Kubernetes, Istio, Prometheus
- Have experience with AWS/Azure IAM, Okta, Snyk, Sqreen
- Are familiar with HashiCorp's tools: Vault, Consul, etc.
- Have experience working with TSDB metrics, APM, and Tracing monitoring tools/solutions
We believe DevOps is not a job title. It is a culture.
Each team at Forter owns and maintains the performance, availability, security, and privacy of their systems, databases, and applications. Teams perform backups, manage capacity, fix security vulnerabilities, and perform required upgrades (OS, libs, etc.). They also participate in on-call rotations to handle outages and incident response.
We believe that head-count is a vanity metric. More doesn't necessarily mean better and people matter! We prefer smaller teams of talented and cohesive teams over more working hands.
We believe in continuously increasing the IQ and EQ of our teams by building an organization that will draw such people to us. We care immensely about how the team works together, and we're not scared of hard conversations. The friction of opinions or business constraints is something we need to deal with when trying to make an impact.
We don't have QA. We don't have architects ("CTO team"). We have neither a NOC, nor a SOC team. Our teams are part of the system that we build, so we optimize the processes and tools to fit them. Most of our teams have a generalist-mindset, but our vast system allows people to develop expertise in the areas about which they are most passionate.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values will be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.