Forter provides new generation fraud prevention to meet the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. Only Forter provides fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ fraud prevention, with approve/decline decisions backed by a 100% chargeback guarantee. The system eliminates the need for rules, scores, or manual reviews, making fraud prevention friction-free. The result is fraud prevention that is invisible to buyers and empowers merchants with increased approvals, smoother checkout, and the near elimination of false positives - meaning more sales and happier customers. Behind the scenes, Forter's machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered fraud detection mechanism.
Our new Payments Initiative takes Forter’s battle-tested and market-leading Fraud detection capabilities and combines them with deep business insights and cutting edge technology to bring a complete line of products to our enterprise customer base.
We are looking for a veteran developer who's passionate about their work and business-centric problem-solving to take on a central role in building out this new line of business at Forter.
Some things you should know about our team:
- It is still early-days for our team, which means you’ll be an influential founding member of what is planned to be a multi-team group.
- We believe in making conscious technological choices, be they boring or bleeding-edge.
- We strive for full CI/CD and observability, owning our Production stack.
- We believe in agile software development, not in Agile practices.
Our engineers are resourceful, creative, and independent. We take responsibility for the entire product lifecycle, from design to Production. We are highly adaptable, working with a diverse stack of technologies, and always aspiring to create the best value for our clients.
Stuff You'll Be Doing
- Develop a brand new line of business, essentially a greenfield project
- Lead products as part the Payments initiative while working closely with teammates and multiple other stakeholders at Forter
- Work with a variety of programming languages and platforms
- Brainstorm features with product managers and your peers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase and past experience
- Mentor fellow engineers
- Provide software solutions to complicated challenges we face on a daily basis
- Take initiative - got a great idea that'll make our team's day-to-day better? Let's hear it!
Stuff You’ll Gain
- A sustainable working environment, where work-life balance is a given
- A diverse and open-minded environment, accepting of new technologies, ideas and methodologies
- Experience working in a highly performing team
- Mentorship from experienced engineers and managers
- Work directly with our Fortune 500 customers’ engineers
Stuff You'll Need
- At least 7 years of diverse experience writing and maintaining complex software systems
- Familiarity with browser, networking and security concepts
- Product, Production and Growth mindsets
- Enthusiasm for providing technical solutions that bring immediate impact
- Strong communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- A can-do approach and a positive attitude!
- Professional-level spoken and written English proficiency
We'd Love It If You Have
- Extensive experience with either Node.JS or Python
- Experience leading cross-team initiatives
- Frontend / React / Mobile experience
- Significant experience with databases/datastores (MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience from previous payments companies / projects
- Experience building Enterprise-grade SaaS products
- Superb English speaking and writing skills