Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
The Director of Communications will own and lead all aspects of communications—shaping how we represent Forter. This covers our press and thought leadership, executive communications and speaking engagements, social media and key aspects of our employer brand. It is a critical role—reporting to the CMO—that works across the exec, marketing, product and HR teams to tell a unified, compelling story.
What you'll be doing:
- Build out the communications function and team to support Forter’s growth and to amplify awareness of our company and impact
- Define our external communications plan with the support of global PR agencies. Ensure Forter has a share of voice and message pick-up commensurate with industry leadership
- Drive engagement across social media channels by showcasing Forter’s personality and tapping our creative team for compelling visuals and videos
- Work with our executives to elevate their voices through speaking opportunities; over time, build out an internal speakers’ bureau to elevate other voices in the company
- Partner with HR to develop internal communications to employees that are memorable and reinforce Forter’s company values
- Take accountability for elevating Forter’s messaging in the market with regular reporting of outcomes across the leadership team
What you'll need:
- Outstanding storytelling skills … and if you can write and bring your ideas to life, please shout about this superpower
- The gravitational force to attract top talent and build / rally your team around a finite set of priorities and activities
- The ability to find and surface emotion in B2B technology, and thereby to create a deeper connection and engagement with our audience
- The conviction to keep the company speaking with one voice in the market—across press interviews, event keynotes, social channels and more
- Growth mindset and an expectation that the role will evolve as we grow
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401K plan
- Up to 100% covered health insurance, plus dental & vision insurance
- Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half-day Fridays
- Home office allowance
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.