Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
About The Role:
Forter is looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and focused technical leader to play a major role in the expansion of our Solution Engineering team. The team’s main mission is to help prospects become customers as quickly as possible, by offering a comprehensive set of integration tools, self-serve documentation, wizards, SDKs, packages, and extensions so that our customers can easily consume Forter’s services in their e-commerce platform. The team is all about happy customers, and its members are responsible for answering all technical questions arising during the merchant’s integration process, helping customers by assessing their needs and resolving their technical questions, as well as identifying and adapting Forter’s products and services to the customer’s needs.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will utilize your vast technical knowledge to help the team expand its tooling and “product offerings”, maintain current tools, and assist in finding creative solutions for Tier-1 merchants. You’ll frequently work in conjunction with the merchant’s R&D and Product Management as a key technical advisor and product advocate for our solutions, ensuring that Forter delivers overall superior service and support to both existing customers as well as prospective customers.
New York, NY
What You'll Do:
- Invent, build, and maintain tools and services that facilitate Forter’s exponential growth - own our Developers Hub.
- Be an integral part of driving the future direction of the Solution Engineering team through innovative initiatives, to continuously improve our merchants’ onboarding and integration experience.
- Be a key part of the ‘onboarding taskforce’, supporting Forter’s Technical Project Managers and Analytics Leads to ensure customers are integrated properly using Forter’s tools, services, APIs, SDKs, and platform plugins.
- Interact directly with merchant engineering and operations teams, security experts, and managers on all levels to ensure Forter’s product fills customer requirements and delivers while maintaining security and quality best practices
- Supporting our third-party e-commerce platform extensions. Learning the platform ecosystems, become knowledgeable in extension architectures and how they connect to Forter, understanding the different extension features, how they fit into the various Forter flows, and how they provide value to our merchants
What You'll Need:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience from a software engineering role.
- Experience with event-driven, microservice architectures
- Experience with cloud computing
- Familiarity with e-commerce platforms, processes, and common issues associated with API based integrations is a plus.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in heterogeneous production environments.
- Comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Experience with AWS and Azure
- Experience with a wide range of browser functionalities, features, security, and performance best practices.
- Mobile development experience.
- Built modules for e-commerce platforms (e.g. Magento, Demandware)
- Experience working with or building online payment interfaces.
- Past experience in a similar role, or a professional-services / integration engineering role.
- ‘Business sense’ - support the sales-cycle for technical products/solutions with strong closing instincts and skills.
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401K plan
- Up to 100% covered health insurance, plus dental & vision insurance
- Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half-day Fridays
- Home office allowance
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.*