Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
Forter is looking for an excellent Data Science Manager to join our team!
Be at the unique leader, at the junction of fraud-analysis, data science, and system flow Engineering to extract insights and deliver a component of logics, central to what we do.
What you’ll be doing:
- Bring the Data Science to punch in finding the best Models and features to capture the way fraudsters behave to improve real-time detection, in light of intelligent adversaries.
- Find techniques for automated learning from our data, which is meso-big and only sometimes tagged. In particular, lead the Machine Learning revolution in new fields where inference was so far heuristic.
- Communicate research results, solutions and complex ideas to peers, management, and customers. Be the Data Science face of the company.
- Measure and enable Info-gain-based introduction of new features into our system.
- Define and develop the way we should synthesize large corpus of analytical knowledge insights into a scalable streamed flow
- Develop measures, metrics and uses for our large graph of humans & ‘what they use on the internet’ entities.
- Working with colleagues from various disciplines - Research Engineers, Analysts, and your Data Scientists (all of whom write production code!)
What you’ll need:
- Proven record of at least 3 years of leading a team of experienced data scientists with clear KPIs and results that moved the needle.
- Proven ability to work well sideways (with peers and vendors) and upward (with management). Proven ability to communicate with customers; you are part of the sales cycle to the big enterprise customers.
- Proven ability to manage well. Your people are very effective, happy, energised, and grow.
- A PhD or M.Sc. in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Sciences, Engineering, CS)
- Delivery oriented and capable: Algorithms, processes, specifications to R&D.
- Proactive. Tell us where we can use data more effectively, but we currently do not. Draw the boundaries of what possible - you are the expert.
- Knowledge of statistical methods, Bayesian probability, and machine learning techniques.
- Background in: Python, SQL, Spark
- Experience with Big Data, including parallel processing of NoSQL data stores - a plus.
- Can work independently given abstract tasks, understand and influence research for data.
- Professional proficiency in English.
Nice to haves:
- Proactive contribution to the data science community (Please add links to your Kaggle / Git account).
- Worked with not-so-big-data, skewed and noisy labeling, non-stationary world... but could still extract the best information possible.
- Open source projects you’ve created or contributed to.
- Interesting problems you’ve dealt with, that weren’t trivial.
- Side projects that you couldn’t resist building.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.