Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
As a key member of the Finance organization, our VP Corporate Controller will lead, manage and scale the Company's core global accounting function, including accounting operations, technical accounting, compliance, tax and financial reporting. This individual will report to the CFO and will collaborate closely with other teams such as FP&A, Legal, HR and InfoSec. This individual will be responsible for the Company's financial processes, including developing and maintaining an appropriate control environment, establishing accounting policies, ownership of core systems, and designing and executing process improvements. The successful candidate will be a strategic individual with 15 years of both public and private experience building and leading teams in a dynamic, global environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive change within a fast growing organization, developing the team, systems, reporting and controls (policies, procedures, monitoring) to support our global growth
- Streamline accounting processes across procure to pay, order to cash, general ledger close, and financial reporting
- Prepare the company for public company accounting and reporting standards (e.g. SEC reporting and SOX compliance)
- Ensure the delivery of accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with all SEC, GAAP, FASB rules and regulations in addition to state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws. Collaborate closely with the legal team about the company’s governance processes
- Provide technical accounting guidance and accounting operations support, including related to proposed transactions and other business developments
- Collaborate closely with FP&A, Legal, HR, InfoSec and other functions to ensure proper internal control over financial reporting and disclosure
- Build and foster strong cross-functional relationships across the business. Help the company understand how all the pieces fit together and drive performance.
- Lead and inspire a team of accounting professionals; responsible for selection, development, mentoring, career- pathing, and performance
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or equivalent experience. CPA is a must; MBA is a plus
- Big 4 audit experience is required
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility and leadership, with related SaaS/Software experience, including 5+ years of demonstrated success as a controller in a world-class public-company organization
- Proficiency with SEC regulations and reporting requirements, experience with IPO readiness and SOX compliance.
- Significant experience working and leading cross-functionally in high growth environment
- Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, proven ability to communicate effectively at C-level to drive decision making
- Strong technically but knows how to over-lay good business sense and deliver solutions in a practical manner. Can create insight and solutions that add value to the senior management team beyond accounting
- Relationship builder who inspires trust and confidence
- Growth mindset, sense of curiosity and dedication to the team's success
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401K plan
- Up to 100% covered health insurance, plus dental & vision insurance
- Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half-day Fridays
- Home office allowance
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.*