Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
Forter is looking for a Core Researcher to join Forter’s Core Analytics group, cultivate new paths for fighting fraud, and take part in building our cutting edge decisioning system.
You are: Goal oriented, fast and innovative thinker, aiming to solve complex challenges with lots of creativity. You have strong attention to detail, knowing when to dive deeper and when the juice ain’t worth squeezing. You feel comfortable with technology - and have the basic coding skills to conduct data research.
What you’ll be doing:
- Become an expert on analysing data of online fraudster behavior.
- Define diverse, challenging & fascinating problems - wholly & clearly.
- Review, debate and research case studies in order to get into the fraudsters' mindset and anticipate their next move. Then learn our system to catch similar future attacks automatically.
- Invent, design and implement features into our automated machine learning models, using advanced tools including Spark, Elasticsearch, Python, SQL, etc.
- Collaborate with a team of the industry’s leading researchers, data scientists and software engineers to develop the next generation of Forter’s AI technology.
What you’ll need:
- A fast mind, with strong attention to generalization of the details.
- At least 2 years of experience in product oriented data analytics/feature engineering/data science/research doing problem definition / hypothesis lead research.
- Psychometric score above 700.
- Relevant academic background - BSc in STEM fields, such as Physics, Chemistry, OppResearch, Neuroscience, Biotechnology, etc.
- Know to work with data. Experience with Python/R/Matlab or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Clearly conveys complex problems/designs/ideas.
- An algorithmic thinker, with strong statistical and probabilistic intuition with a grasp for complex problems/solutions. Has an understanding of features and how they interact.
- Ability to work independently given abstract tasks - but also act as team player open to different perspectives (then politely argue to prove that you're right :)) at the end we always strive for the best solution, regardless of who suggested it.
- We love what we do, and it shows.
- Working side to side with terrific people - who are also super smart and top professionals.
- Constantly exposed to cutting edge technology and real production environments with significant impact on production services – catching the bad guys!
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.