Forter is looking for an outstanding VP Data to guide the organization in creating maximum value from available data .
Forter delivers real-time, completely automated, fraud and abuse protection for online merchants. Our revolutionary technology allows vendors to focus on business opportunities while always staying ahead of the fraudsters and abusers. Forter's SaaS solution combines advanced cyber intelligence, identity analysis, and behavioral data in order to create a multi-layered trust engine.
Forter is backed by well-known VCs (Sequoia, NEA, Scale Venture) and is growing fast!
We’re looking for a passionate person with a vision and a great attitude to grow with us.
- The VP Data is the ultimate owner of our data and its usage. Responsible for extraction and serving of information and knowledge from the data; in service of our trust engine precision in particular, and our decision making in general.
- The VP Data is responsible for Forter’s logical data architecture and processes in support of our current and future precision and products. With the VP Precision as client, and VP Engineering as provider, forms the leadership of Forter’s trust engine.
- The VP Data is responsible for research for new indications, data enrichment and exchange with other agencies in support of better precision and enhanced value of Forter’s data assets.
- The VP Data is responsible for measurements and estimations, serving KPIs and goals; in precision in particular, and across Forter in general.
- The VP Data is responsible for company-wide information visibility, in service of evidence-based, data-driven decision making.
The following functions shall report to the VP of Data:
- Cyber research team
- Data Science team
- BI / data visibility team
- Data Partnerships & Enrichment
- Possible future: internal information systems team
Stuff you’ll be doing:
Be the unique leader, at the junction of fraud-analysis, data science, and system flow Engineering to drive the continuous superiority of Forter’s machine:
- Set and prioritise strategic efforts, through the quarterly Forter Ltd (R&D Centre) planning process.
- Create a force multiplier from the various disciplines - Research Engineers, Analysts, and Data Scientists (all of whom write production code!)
- Develop and enrich our workforce. Enable and encourage creativity. Ensure context sharing.
- Track & correct: Performance, behaviours, effectiveness, happiness.
- Consume research results, solutions and complex ideas from your people and engineering, management, and customers. Translate them to actionable decisions.
- Be (together with the head of DS) the Data Science face of the company.
Experience you’ll need:
- Proven successful record of leading a team of experienced data scientists with clear KPIs and results that moved the needle, in large scale, operating in international environments.
- Proven VP level management experience and skills
- Strong communication skills. Fluent in both English and Hebrew.
- Strong engineering background - complex systems’ architect level.
- Ability to work well sideways (with peers and vendors). Proven ability to communicate with customers; you are part of the sales cycle to the big enterprise customers.
- A PhD or M.Sc. in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Sciences, Engineering, CS)
- Delivery oriented and capable: Algorithms, processes, specifications to R&D.
- Proactive. Tell us where we can use data more effectively, but we currently do not. Draw the boundaries of what possible - you are the leader.
- Knowledge of statistical methods, Bayesian probability, and machine learning techniques Experience with Big Data, including parallel processing of NoSQL data stores.
- The position reports to a management member. Currently the CTO, possibly the CDO in the future.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.