Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
Forter is looking for a talented backend engineer with broad experience and a passion for building scalable and resilient systems. This engineer will be helping to catch sophisticated fraudsters in real-time, at large scale, for the biggest enterprises in the world.
We need our engineers to be independent, versatile, and enthusiastic to take on new problems across the vast tech stack with which we work. We don’t have dedicated “Production,” Ops, or QA teams, but rather everyone does a bit of everything, and therefore each individual has a big impact on Forter's product.
What you'll be doing:
- Designing, building and maintaining services and systems used by our customers and internal teams.
- Self-managing project planning, milestones, designs, and estimations
- Holding yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems. We take pride in our tests, monitoring & alerting abilities just as we do with our systems.
- Debugging complex problems across the whole stack, dealing with both high-throughput and low-latency systems.
- Working with colleagues from various disciplines - Research Engineers, Analysts and Data Scientists (all of whom write production code!).
What you'll need:
- Strong Python, Java, Kotlin, and/or NodeJS skills.
- Proven experience in designing and building large-scale production systems.
- Experience (or good familiarity) with technologies such as Storm and Spark, and concepts such as Event Sourcing, DLQ and Circuit Breakers.
- Experience with various databases or data stores such as MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with AWS or other public clouds.
- Professional proficiency in English.
Would be very cool if you have:
- Built distributed systems at large scale.
- Profiled and optimized code to the millisecond level.
- Built visualization tools (web interface or CLI) to monitor your systems.
Things we appreciate:
- A link to a blog post you wrote or an interesting talk you’ve given.
- Open source projects you’ve created or contributed to.
- Interesting, non-trivial problems you’ve dealt with.
- Side projects that you couldn’t resist building.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company