Senior Back-End Engineer, Precision Team
Forter provides new generation fraud prevention to meet the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. Only Forter provides fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ fraud prevention, with approve/decline decisions backed by a 100% chargeback guarantee. The system eliminates the need for rules, scores, or manual reviews, making fraud prevention friction-free. The result is fraud prevention that is invisible to buyers and empowers merchants with increased approvals, smoother checkout, and the near elimination of false positives - meaning more sales and happier customers. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered fraud detection mechanism.
Forter is looking for a talented backend engineer with broad experience and a passion for building scalable and resilient systems. This engineer will be helping to catch sophisticated fraudsters in real-time, at large scale, for the biggest enterprises in the world.
We need our engineers to be independent, versatile, and enthusiastic to take on new problems across the vast tech stack with which we work. We don’t have dedicated “Production,” Ops, or QA teams, but rather everyone does a bit of everything, and therefore each individual has a big impact on Forter's product.
Stuff you’ll be doing:
- Designing, building and maintaining services and systems used by our customers and internal teams.
- Self-managing project planning, milestones, designs, and estimations
- Holding yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems. We take pride in our tests, monitoring & alerting abilities just as we do with our systems.
- Debugging complex problems across the whole stack, dealing with both high-throughput and low-latency systems.
- Working with colleagues from various disciplines - Research Engineers, Analysts and Data Scientists (all of whom write production code!).
Stuff you’ll need:
- Strong Python, Java, Kotlin, and/or NodeJS skills.
- Proven experience in designing and building large-scale production systems.
- Experience (or good familiarity) with technologies such as Storm and Spark, and concepts such as Event Sourcing, DLQ and Circuit Breakers.
- Experience with various databases or data stores such as MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with AWS or other public clouds.
- Professional proficiency in English.
Would be very cool if you have:
- Built distributed systems at large scale.
- Profiled and optimized code to the millisecond level.
- Built visualization tools (web interface or CLI) to monitor your systems.
Things we appreciate:
- A link to a blog post you wrote or an interesting talk you’ve given.
- Open source projects you’ve created or contributed to.
- Interesting, non-trivial problems you’ve dealt with.
- Side projects that you couldn’t resist building.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.