Forter is looking for a Senior Researcher to join our Core Analytics team!
Forter delivers real-time, completely automated fraud protection for online merchants. Our revolutionary technology allows vendors to focus on business opportunities while always staying ahead of fraudsters. Forter’s solution combines advanced cyber intelligence, identity analysis, and behavioral data in order to create a multi-layered fraud detection mechanism.
Forter is backed by well-known VCs and is growing fast (while sustaining its amazing innovative thinking) – come join the team!
Who you are:
You stand on the intersection of Data Scientist, Data Analyst & Solution Designer.
You feel comfortable with technology and pro-active in finding the right method for research - as well as the best way to implement your findings into our system.
There aren't many out there now – are you good enough to take the challenge and become one?
Stuff you’ll be doing:
- Drive forward complex, big data research - aiming to find solutions to supposedly unsolvable problems.
- Invent, design, and implement features into our automated machine learning model, using advanced tools including Spark, Elasticsearch, Python, SQL, etc.
- You'll have the freedom to roam and suggest ideas and leads - and be independent enough to learn what needs learning.
- Collaborate with a team of A-player analysts, data scientists, and engineers to develop the next generation of Forter’s technology.
- Get full support of Forter’s analytical personnel – we want to see you thrive!
Stuff you’ll need:
- BSc in exact sciences - physics, mathematics, computer science, or statistics.
- 1-2 years of proven experience in product oriented data analytics/feature engineering/data science/research.
- A self-starting attitude - you don’t hang around for others to solve your data/technical issues - you tackle them with a smile :)
- Proven ability to work end to end - you don’t only analyze data, you figure out what data to analyze, how to analyze it, and how to implement your conclusions into an operating complex product (using Python or equivalent).
- The ability to work independently given abstract tasks, with a strong awareness of the value of teamwork - you strive for the best solution, regardless if you suggested it or not :)
- A fast mind, with as strong an attention to detail as a knack for knowing when the juice ain’t worth squeezing. You are, more than all, goal oriented.
- Strong communication skills - you can present your ideas & show their value well. Get buy-in and lead your projects with all relevant stakeholders. You are not afraid to lead.
- You are a creative problem solver, and eager to learn something new.
What it’s like to work at Forter:
- We love what we do, and it shows.
- You will be constantly exposed to cutting edge technology and real production environments with a significant impact on production services – we're catching the bad guys!
- Weird hobbies are our thing, if you don’t have one – now’s the time to find one!
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.