Forta is the first decentralized community-based security platform to prevent or mitigate smart contract exploits as they occur. Incubated by OpenZeppelin, the leader in blockchain security since 2015.
The goal of Forta is to detect threats and other system critical issues in real time. By providing users with timely and useful information about the security and stability of their systems, they have an opportunity to react and take defensive action, preventing or minimizing the losses and other issues.
About this role
The mission for this role is to lead, create, and execute a growth plan to drive demand and usage adoption for Forta.
As the Head of Growth, you will be responsible for the overall sales and marketing plan. This includes branding, messaging, positioning, launches, community management, GTM strategy, market and customer research, integrated campaigns and overall content.
Focus initially will be mostly on driving brand awareness and user onboarding. The ideal candidate is passionate about helping blockchain projects and developers across all aspects of their user journey from establishing new relationships to fostering deeper ties with the existing Forta Protocol customer/partner community. You will focus on engaging and supporting the blockchain development community and partnering with them throughout their customer journey.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop project’s growth strategy, including - among other things - creating the go-to-market plan, managing the sales pipeline and defining value proposition, positioning and messaging frameworks by segment (users, integrators, investors, node runners).
- Drive awareness, grow community and nurture adoption of users, investors, and node runners, through partner activities, content marketing, PR, webinars, social and online marketing, and Forta and third-party events, among others.
- Identify prospect users and new business opportunities and deploy selling and negotiation strategies to ensure that the deal is closed
- Design and execute a Channel Marketing Program to onboard top-notch partners and extend Forta’s reach to new audiences
- Drive engagement in both technical and investor communities founded on value creation, core values, and a code of conduct. Foster conversations, manage expectations, and resolve conflicts within community forums and social media channels. Hire and manage a team of community managers.
- Create and distribute content targeted to the user, integrators, node runner, and investor communities. Identify topics and motivate Forta Protocol and external community members to create original content. This may include blog posts, research and reports, project updates, guides, case studies, presentations and sales material.
- Work closely with the Forta community and industry experts to ensure effective thought leadership and ongoing relevance in the market.
Ideally, you have
- A minimum of 5 years of experience marketing roles at a high-paced technology company, ideally in the fintech, cybersecurity, or developer tools space.
- Experience with DeFi, NFT or Ethereum related projects, either at a professional or personal level
- Hands-on leader with the ability to make things happen within a small team
- Experience in fostering a global community through user group support and outreach programs
- The ability to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences with ease
- Data-driven approach to sales and community building, including understanding how to measure the health and success of a developer community.
- Ability to manifest technical vision/direction via compelling positioning and messaging
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively across teams to successfully launch new products and features.
- Compelling storyteller with a strategic and analytical mindset who can engage and educate customers and investors.
- Superb organization and project management skills. Ability to work on and manage multiple complex projects with multiple stakeholders, at once.
- A startup mentality with a bias to action and the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion and/or experience with open-source or cybersecurity or similar highly technical industry.
Medical Insurance: Top quality insurance options for you.
Paid leave for new parents.
Team Events: Company retreats in different locations around the world.
Monthly allowance for wellness activities.
Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice.
Training: Technical training, spoken language lessons in any language of your choice.