Nevada Field Director
For Our Future and For Our Future Action Fund are seeking a Nevada Field Director to manage a robust on- and off-year advocacy and independent electoral state progressive coalition organization.
FOF aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. Building off of our 2016 campaign in five battleground states, FOF will continue its unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020. The model is to work with and through community-based organizations and local activist networks, with a focus on direct voter contact and earned media. Our goal is to turn communicators into connectors, engage communities in policy fights, and turn out voters for progressive issues and champions for Election Day victories.
For Nevada’s Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
The Nevada Field Director is responsible for managing staff across the state, managing day-to-day operations of all programs, and assisting the leadership team in developing and executing a strategic statewide issue advocacy and electoral program. He/She manages staff to implement a state-specific issue and electoral organizing plan around FOFAF and FOF’s core issue-areas: climate, economic fairness, education, and racial justice. He/She facilitates the development and management of the regional staff and program run through partner organizations. He/She collaborates with other department heads and state consultants to facilitate a training program, facilitate coordination and information sharing between partners and allies, achieve program deliverables, and advance FOFAF and FOF’s interests and priorities. The Nevada Field Director reports directly to the Nevada State Director, coordinates closely with the statewide and national staff, as well as key stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead a results-driven statewide team of field and organizing professionals.
- Operationalize an innovative grant-making program for state-based community partners that reflects the strategy to win on core issues and electoral priorities.
- Innovate new approaches to engage diverse constituencies and execute those approaches effectively
- Regularly reports state qualitative and quantitative accomplishments to the State Director and in-state and national stakeholders.
- Oversee implementation of all in-state FOF and FOFAF programs, works with State Director to evaluate the impact of programs and ensure innovation as necessary to ensure success.
- Set, meet, and exceed benchmarks for voter contact, grassroots engagement, and GOTV.
- Design and standardize best practices for data management using the organization’s voter file software.
- Establish a strong professional culture within the field organization focused on accountability, specific goals, innovation, and sense of purpose.
- Hire and train field staff to achieve their objectives.
- Manage the field program budget and logistics in collaboration with the State Director and the Operations Manager.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as designated by the State Director.
Qualifications & Experience
- Enthusiasm for Building Progressive Power - A firm understanding of Nevada's legislative process and political landscape, and the path to power in the state. Ability to work and adapt to a changing political and policy landscape.
- Strategic Planning - Ability to develop short and long-term statewide plans, set objectives and metrics, track progress toward achieving objectives, and align those strategies with other progressive efforts in state.
- Commitment to the Mission - Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and empowering state/local organizations to lead our work. Understanding of local community-based organizations and respect for their leaders and programs.
- Organizer at Heart - Demonstrated ability to lead via organizing rather than by decree. Experience in building meaningful and valuable coalitions and gaining buy-in from organizations or individuals with a wide variety of goals and interest.
- Staff management- Broad experience in team building, staff management, and developing talent within an organization. Must be able to manage staff remotely.
- Financial Management - Understanding of financial management and financial controls. Experience managing budgets. Understanding of the legal requirements and restrictions of 501(c)(4) and 527 (PAC) organizations a plus.
- Program Management - Experience managing work across multiple internal departments for statewide issue advocacy or electoral campaigns. Demonstrated knowledge of effective and successful electoral plans, including targeting, voter contact, GOTV and best practices with each.
- Solutions-oriented Approach - Willingness to take initiative, while juggling several priorities that may change quickly. Multi-tasker with excellent time management skills and ability to hit deadlines.
- Communication Skills - Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to write compelling program reports. Demonstrated ability to navigate conflict and work toward resolution required.
- Must have worked in progressive political campaigns or organizations for 3-4 cycles with at least 1 cycle of management and some state-wide or national experience.
The Field Director must reside in Las Vegas, NV. Must be willing to travel and work long hours.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FOFAF offers a competitive salary and benefits package consistent with experience, skills and demonstrated abilities.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to: https://boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/773584