Pennsylvania Political Outreach Director
For Our Future and For Our Future Action Fund are seeking an Pennsylvania Political Outreach Director to join our robust on- and off-year advocacy and independent electoral state progressive coalition organization.
FOF aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. In 2017, FOFAF will continue to engage on community issues with a focus on establishing permanence and economies of scale to be leveraged. Building on our 2016 campaign in five battleground states, FOF will continue its unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020. The model is to work with and through community-based organizations and local activist networks, with a focus on field and earned media. Our goal is to turn communicators into connectors, engage communities in policy fights, and turn out voters for progressive issues and champions for Election Day victories.
For Pennsylvania's Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
The Pennsylvania Political Outreach Director is responsible for designing, building and managing an outreach program, to be executed by state and regional staff. The Political Outreach Director will work with the state director and other departmental leadership to craft region-specific outreach plans and programming that engage the progressive infrastructure to foster long-term relationships and long-term partnerships at every level. She/he will work with specific constituency groups to organize and support their programming in an effort to achieve greater field and earned media capacity and should have experience working with diverse constituencies, a commitment to supporting and expanding the progressive base, and strong communication skills. In addition to developing the program, the Political Outreach Director will ultimately be responsible for developing systems to assess and report out on the success of the program at every level and in every region to ensure FOFAF/FOF achieves its organizational goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting outreach to progressive organizations and leaders
- Attending issue and organizing table meetings
- Managing a statewide contact database of political and progressive contacts and interactions
- Engaging Regional Directors to foster good communication flow between state and regional operations
- Mapping out the network of progressive organizations at the state level and making recommendations for new organizations to engage and potentially partner with
- Aid the field and communications teams in building capacity and identifying opportunities for earned media by engaging progressive organizations and community leaders
Qualifications & Experience
- Enthusiasm for Building Progressive Power - A firm understanding of Pennsylvania's legislative process and political landscape, and the path to power in the state. Ability to work and adapt to a changing political and policy landscape.
- Strategic Planning - Ability to develop short and long-term statewide plans, set objectives and metrics, track progress toward achieving objectives, and align those strategies with other progressive efforts in state. Ability to get buy-in and build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders for that plan is required.
- Commitment to the Mission - Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and to empowering state/local organizations to lead our work. Understanding of local community-based organizations and respect for their leaders and programs.
- Organizer at Heart - Inclination to lead via organizing rather than by decree. Ability to build strong teams to accomplish goals without a need to bottom-line everything. Talented in coalition and team building.
- 3 cycles of experience working for a combination of political, progressive, or governmental organizations.
- Experience in engaging diverse communities and organizations required.
- Relationship with 501(c)4 progressive organizations preferred.
- Experience working for an organization that provides programmatic grants to other organizations preferred.
The Pennsylvania Political Outreach Director must reside in Pennsylvania and must be willing to travel and work long hours.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FOFAF offers a competitive salary and benefits package consistent with experience, skills and demonstrated abilities.
FOF offers the following benefits to its full-time employees:
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cell Phone Bill Reimbursement
- 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal holidays
How to Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to https://boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/726216