Regional Director – Top Targeted Statewide Campaign
For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future, is seeking a full-time Regional Director for an aggressive organizing, communications, and paid canvassing program. The Regional Director will be responsible for executing the statewide field plan, political organizing, regional communications, and supervision of paid canvasser operation(s) within his/her assigned region. Regional Directors will report directly to their assigned Deputy Field Director and the Field Director.
For Ohio's Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit social welfare organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered independent expenditure political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
We do things differently! We are a people-driven organization committed to serving progressive values and causes. We are committed to investing and growing the progressive infrastructure. We do this by providing support to our local community partners to build lasting progressive political power in their communities. Some of that support included providing them with the training, tools, and resources necessary to empower their community and cultivate leaders. We are also strongly committed to standing in solidarity with our union brothers and sisters by mobilizing working families on creating shared economic prosperity, building strong public schools, addressing climate change and supporting racial justice.
- Scope of responsibility is beyond just the traditional field requirement, prospective employees will be required to engage in significant communications, political and operations work.
- Managing & Training regional staff to execute a comprehensive field program.
- Building positive long-term relationships with progressive minded civic, activist, and faith leaders in the region.
- Reaching out to local and regional organizations, especially in communities of opportunity to build comprehensive progressive tables to affect positive progressive change in region and statewide.
- Training and assisting local and regional partners to build stronger long-term progressive strength in the region.
- Working with our communications team to plan, coordinate, and implement regional media events including op eds, letters to editor, press conferences and other events as required.
- Monitoring metrics at regularly assigned intervals. These metrics Include, but are not limited to: knocks per shifts, flake rate, completion rate, confirmation rate, hiring metrics, etc.
- Implementing systems to ensure regionally assigned metrics are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting utilizing VAN & Google Suite.
- Working with state leadership to implement the state plan in the region and giving feedback to improve the quality of our operations in region.
- Positively representing our organization at community events and meetings.
- Access to reliable transportation with a valid driver's license required.
- Availability to work long and irregular hours in a fast-paced, metrics driven environment
- Adaptable to changing conditions requiring critical thinking skills.
- Good judgement and sound decision making skills
- Commitment to For Our Future’s mission to build long-term progressive infrastructure.
- Possess a passion for community organizing and movement building.
- Proven experience managing a team and hitting electoral goals.
- Two cycles of electoral or issue based field experience required.
- Communications experience preferred, but not required.
- Proven experience building community relationships through individual and group based meetings.
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN.
- Basic knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Record of organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects.
- Possess a winning mentality.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cell Phone Bill Reimbursement
- 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal holidays
For Our Future is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, military service, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law.