Field Organizer with For Our Future Action Fund
The For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) is seeking a full-time Field Organizer for an aggressive organizing and community outreach program in Nevada.
For Nevada’s Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee, that incorporates both issue advocacy and robust electoral programming, respectively. FOF aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. Established in 2016 as a national coalition organization, FOF & FOFAF were an investment to build permanent progressive infrastructure in key communities.
In 2017, FOFAF will continue to engage on progressive issues with a focus on establishing permanence and economies of scale to be leveraged. Building off of FOF’s 2016 campaign effort in Nevada, FOF will continue its unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020.
Note: This full-time position is available for the month of May until June 3, 2017, with potential for continuation.
The Field Organizer will contact union and non-union employees to activate them to contact their legislators, provide details of their story on social media, or through traditional media. The Field Organizer will establish systems to contact state employees and provide them with validator training that will further the legislative priorities of For Nevada’s Future.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Using phones, social media, and community outreach to recruit and identify hot leads.
- Visiting and training validators on legislative priorities and on providing testimony to legislature.
- Explaining the benefits of all three state bills to state employees.
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered on time.
- Representing the campaign at community events and meetings when advised by the campaign.
- Experience working on a competitive field experience for an issue or electoral campaign.
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN.
- Experience in phone banking and community outreach.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Basic computer literacy, database skills, and access to a reliable, portable computer.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics driven work environment.
- Reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong coaching skills and abilities
- Familiarity with Nevada politics and experience in the state is a plus, but not required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For Our Future offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cell Phone Bill Reimbursement
- 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal holidays
To apply, please send a resume and three professional references (names, positions & phone numbers) to: boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/688208