Deputy Director of Operations – Budget, For Our Future Action Fund, Washington, DC
Summary: For Our Future 501c(4)/ PAC is people-driven organization committed to serving progressive values and causes that are larger than ourselves. And by working with local leaders and organizations, we will create permanent and lasting change all around us.
For Our Future Action Fund is seeking a Deputy Operations Director – Budget to supervise the budget and finances of this progressive organization.
For Our Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit social welfare organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered independent expenditure political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft proposed state and national budgets in consultation with FOF state directors and operations staff
- Track spending on the state and national budgets and report that data to Operations Director, Executive Director, Campaign Director, and Executive Committee
- Track outgoing disbursements approved by Executive Director including, but not limited to, invoices from vendors and contractors, check and wire requests and credit card payments for expenses
- Edit vendor and consultant contracts
- Ensure the smooth processing of state purchasing and expense requests
- Record retention for all state expenses (receipts & payment records as needed)
- Work with Operations and Legal Departments to ensure proper allocation of expenses to the C4 and the PAC, also ensuring that FOF’s C4 meets its “primary purpose” obligations financially.
- The Budget Director will be responsible for regular communications with the state operations staff and must be prepared to make regular changes to the budget to allow FOF to meet its objectives in states as campaigns and issues evolve.
- Exceptional communication and management skills, along with extraordinary attention to detail
- 2-3 years of experience in background in Accounting or Bookkeeping
- Experience with political campaigns or an interest in politics preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Finance, Business or pre-law preferred
- Familiarity with administering databases and bookkeeping software, Quickbooks Online preferred
- Exercise good judgment in high-pressure situations. Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the organization and the position evolves
- Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For Our Future offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cell Phone Bill Reimbursement
- 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal holidays
How to Apply: Please submit an up to date resume and cover letter to boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/685061.