Canvass Coordinator with For Our Future Action Fund
The For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) is seeking a full-time Canvass Coordinator for an aggressive organizing and paid canvassing program in Las Vegas, Nevada.
For Nevada’s Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee, that incorporates both issue advocacy and robust electoral programming, respectively. FOF aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. Established in 2016 as a national coalition organization, FOF & FOFAF were an investment to build permanent progressive infrastructure in key communities.
In 2017, FOFAF will continue to engage on progressive issues with a focus on establishing permanence and economies of scale to be leveraged. Building off of FOF’s 2016 campaign effort in Nevada, FOF will continue its unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020.
The Canvass Coordinator will hire and manage a team of canvassers to execute an issue-based statewide field plan and within his/her assigned region. Canvass Coordinators will establish systems to hold canvassers accountable to individual and regional quantitative goals/metrics, which may change over the course of this two-month campaign. Two positions are available, one based in Las Vegas and the other in Reno.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that all staff is properly trained and consistently productive throughout the day.
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met or exceeded.
- Conducting extensive training, coaching and development with staff on best practices for organizing and canvassing.
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered on time.
- Monitoring metrics within each assigned region including knocks per shifts, flake rate, completion rate, confirmation rate; implementing rigorous systems to meet assigned goals associated with this metrics.
- Representing the campaign at community events and meetings when advised by the campaign.
- Experience working on a competitive field experience for an issue or electoral campaign.
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Basic computer literacy, database skills, and access to a reliable, portable computer.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics driven work environment.
- Reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Strong coaching skills and abilities
- Winning mentality
- Familiarity with Nevada politics and experience in the state is a plus, but not required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply, please send a resume and three professional references (names, positions & phone numbers) to: (boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/644262)