This is issue advocacy and electoral work only, no fundraising, no sales/solicitations
Please click here to apply for this position.
For Our Future (“FOF”) and For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) are allied organizations together seeking Regional Field Director to execute the statewide field plan, chiefly by leading Paid Canvassers while doing Direct Voter Contact and supporting the Deputy Field Director in the day-to-day operations of a regional office. This is a full-time, temporary position with benefits & competitive pay that lasts from February 15, 2019 through May 15, 2019.
FOF is a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that aims to win election and regain political power. FOFAF is a non-profit “social welfare” organization that aims to advance a progressive legislative and policy agenda. Together they work to build permanent progressive power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on issues. FOF/FOFAF were founded in 2016 by a coalition of groups on the cutting edge of political action, including NextGen America, labor unions representing a cross-section of working families, and allied progressive organizations. In 2016, we invested $60 million toward building the foundation and continued our efforts organizing and engaging communities in 2017. FOF and FOFAF plan to expand and continue their unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020. For Our Future is on the ground, with infrastructure and staff already working in Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Regional Field Director report directly to their Deputy Field Director. Positions available in multiple locations.
***This is a Temporary position beginning February 15, 2019 thru May 15, 2019***
● Manages a Canvass Manager of 10 plus door to door canvassers, who will knock doors and speak with constituents about issues and upcoming elections.
o Recruits canvassers for FOF’s door to door canvassing positions using new sourcing methods (facebook, twitter,etc.),participating in job fairs and career events, and building a network through community institutions (community centers, nonprofits, etc), building relationships with faith, marginalized communities, and and job centers.
o Implements metric based goals assigned on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
o Conducts daily paid-canvass training as well as assessing gaps and addressing those needs with one on one training in order to provide voters with quality conversations.
o Provides quality checks when needed to ensure 100% accurate data while making sure that data is in at the end of the night.
● Managing our Relational Voter Program in both the canvass and volunteer capacities.
o Training Canvassers on the RVP Program
o Volunteer Recruitment
o Relationship building
● Training and Development-Responsible that all staff and volunteers have full knowledge of the program, and opportunities to learn more.
COMPETENCY (Knowledge, skills, abilities)
● At least 3-5 cycles of field experience on a statewide campaign, preferred but not required.
● At least 2 year knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN
● Basic computer literacy and database skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
● Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics-driven work environment
● Must have reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
● Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects
● Some familiarity with, or interest in, relationship-based organizing, leadership development, and team building
● Ability to work independently and as a team
● Strong coaching skills and abilities
● Consistently meets stated deadlines
● Experience working in marginalized communities
● Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required
● Management experience preferred
● Winning mentality
● Manages Canvass Director in ensuring they are recruiting, training and appropriate scheduling of the canvass, and holding
● Employees may be required to work in varying weather conditions including extreme heat, cold, rain, snow, or other weather conditions.
● Ability to lift at a minimum 50 pounds.
● Ability to stand and walk for several hours.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
● Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends, holidays, nights, and during blackout periods.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● High school Diploma or equivalent (GED)
● Multiple cycles as an organizer, managerial experience is a plus
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LISTING OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE. OTHER DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE OR BE ASSIGNED AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, matriculation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. This policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, working conditions, compensation, promotion, benefits, scheduling, training, discipline and termination
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm your that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.