***********TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, CLICK HERE**************
National Campaign Director
The National Campaign Director will be responsible for helping create and develop the strategic vision for deepening, expanding and improving For Our Future’s work, towards winning elections and legislative outcomes every year. He or she will be an adept manager with the ability to bring national and state teams together and help lead a large and diverse staff of hundreds of employees.
For Our Future incorporates both issue advocacy and robust electoral programming – to win elections and regain power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. Established in 2016, FOF was an investment to build permanent progressive infrastructure in key communities. With an initial focus on 7 states, FOF developed 180+ community-based partnerships with local organizations, providing them with critical targeting, communications and digital support to help them grow and strengthen their capacity. Through our work, we expanded data resources, promoted progressive public policies, and elevated engagement and turnout of targeted voters.
In 2017, For Our Future is continuing the mandate to connect issues and elections with a focus on establishing permanence and economies of scale. FOF will continue to grow through 2020, building power across issue fights and elections, increasing efficiencies, and winning. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our current state programs include: Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
The CD will have a demonstrated commitment to For Our Future’s core values: creating shared economic prosperity, building strong public schools, addressing climate change, and supporting racial justice.
Direction and Decision Making:
The Campaign Director reports directly to the CEO. The CD is charged with managing team leads and skillfully executing state program.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
• Create and develop a strategic plan for growing a national field and communications operation that reaches voters and lifts progressive issues at the national and state level to build power every year and win electoral victories, especially in 2018 and 2020.
• Help develop and implement operational communications and coalition plans that further strategic objectives across all facets of the organization.
• Manage the day to day activity of multiple national departments focused on grassroots execution.
• Ensure the integration of the above departments with the Communications, Political, Operations, Development Departments and General Counsel’s office.
• Represent For Our Future in meetings, conversations and communications with new and existing stakeholders.
• Play a leading role in collaborating with a diverse set of issue organizations to create a common vision and purpose that leads to issue and electoral victory.
• Ensure rigorous program evaluation and quality control -- formulate and implement corrective action as needed.
• Provide leadership and management to senior program staff and For Our Future’s state leadership through effective goal setting, delegation, and communication.
To be considered for this position, the applicant must be prepared to share and validate a record of personal achievements in the following competency areas:
• Leadership: A passionate labor and environmental advocate with a proven record of senior organizational leadership, who understands the fights—both offensive and defensive—that we must engage in to win back power for progressives by 2020. Must be a visionary leader who has confidently engaged others to be proactive in joining our organizations’ mission and goals. Evidence of organizational effectiveness in confronting and adapting to challenging and changing political/organizational realities. Capable and willing to voice respectful and effective dissent when and where appropriate.
• Management: Has a demonstrated, successful record of attracting and motivating highly talented staff and has success in building and maintaining effective coalition partnerships.
• Strategic Planning and Execution: Documented experience in leading organization-wide efforts in planning, implementation, process improvements, innovation, financial management and building high performance work teams. An individual who possesses the ability to juggle multiple projects with clear priorities and to easily articulate the connections between the big picture and specific action plans and timetables.
• Relevant Knowledge: Possesses demonstrable knowledge of effective and successful field plans, including targeting, voter contact, GOTV and best practices with each.
• Interpersonal Effectiveness: An effective communicator who has excelled in building successful relationships and a commitment to collaboration. Has an established record of fostering teamwork and consensus, effectively managing conflict, and provoking creative problem-solving and risk taking, and is inclusive of diverse individual and cultural perspectives.
• Communications: Has strong written and verbal communication skills and is a persuasive communicator with strong multidisciplinary project skills.
• Level-headedness: Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situations.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LISTING OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE. OTHER DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE OR BE ASSIGNED AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, military service, or veteran status. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, he or she should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm your that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.
***********TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, CLICK HERE**************