National Data Director
For Our Future (“FOF”) and For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) are seeking a National Data Director as a senior member of the national data and analytics team to run a data driven, robust, multi-state independent field program.
We do things differently! We are a people-driven organization committed to serving progressive values and causes. We are committed to investing and growing the progressive infrastructure. We do this by providing support to our local community partners to build lasting progressive political power in their communities. Some of that support includes providing them with the training, tools, and resources necessary to empower their community and cultivate leaders. We are also strongly committed to standing in solidarity with our union brothers and sisters by mobilizing working families on creating shared economic prosperity, building strong public schools, addressing climate change and supporting racial justice.
For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) is a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”) is a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively. This position reports directly to the Campaign Director.
The National Data & Analytics Director is a senior position that manages the data, analytics, and technical program of For Our Future. The role facilitates and sustains relationships with members of the board, state staff, other senior members of the For Our Future team, and vendors to ensure that the data ecosystem is equipped to address grassroots and field program in-state. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining systems of communications with state teams to support their program. The role includes identifying best data practices to simplify reporting and experiment implementation. The National Data & Analytics Director manages the National Data team and is responsible for recruiting, hiring, and managing team members appropriate to the period of the programmatic cycle.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Develop, lead and manage a national team that serves as the liaison between FOF HQ and the states’ programs and operations, including field, voter contact, digital, and communications.
• Create, develop, and maintain project management processes within the data & analytics team.
• Serve as the liaison between the FOF HQ data team and FOF and FOFAF’s board to set priorities and report on data and analytical programmatic developments.
• Act as primary point person between FOF and various technical and analytical vendors, including contract negotiations and day-to-day problem-solving with vendor services.
• Create and manage an annual departmental budget that anticipates programmatic needs.
• Work closely with the field team to establish effective systems to track and evaluate progress to goal for the organization, staff, and partners.
• Build accountability systems and tools with the help and guidance of the field department.
• Promote a strong and inclusive culture and a team that is mission-driven, well-trained and set up for success.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as designated by the senior leadership team.
Ideal Qualifications & Experience
• Enthusiasm for Building Progressive Power – A firm understanding of state legislative processes and political landscape, and the path to building power in states. Ability to work and adapt to a changing political and policy landscape.
• Staff Management – Ability and demonstrated success recruiting, hiring, and managing staffing structures.
• Vendor Management – Success in effectively communicating with and negotiating with technical and analytical vendors, such as drafting of requests for proposals and contract negotiations.
• Strategic Planning – Ability to develop short and long-term program plans, set objectives and metrics, track progress toward achieving objectives, and align those strategies with other progressive efforts in state. Ability to get buy-in and build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders for that plan is required.
• Technical Training – Experience communicating technical subject matter to a less technical audience, resulting in more efficient program. Skills include SQL, Python, Microsoft Excel.
• Data Management – Previous data management experience on electoral or issue based field campaign(s), including strong familiarity with VAN, Catalist Tools (S, M, and T tools), and Hustle.
• Demonstrated knowledge of effective and successful data driven electoral field plans, including targeting, voter contact, GOTV and best practices within each.
• Communication Skills – Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to write compelling program reports, fundraising/marketing documents, and program debrief reports. Demonstrated ability in building relationships and maintaining communication with key stakeholders – both internal to HQ and statewide – required. Demonstrated ability to navigate conflict and work toward resolution required.
• Coalition Work – Experience working in a coalition setting, particularly coalitions with labor partners, strongly preferred. Experience in engaging and understanding the unique nature of individual unions and how they fit into the greater progressive landscape. Experience in engaging progressive organizations in dense urban areas, as well as suburban and rural areas, is preferred.
• Candidates should have 4 - 5 cycles of campaign experience or comparable issue advocacy experience.
The National Data and Analytics Director position is located in Washington, D.C. Must be willing to occasionally travel and work long hours.
For Our Future is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FOFAF offers a competitive salary and benefits package consistent with experience, skills and demonstrated abilities.
For Our Future offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
• Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
• Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
• $100 Monthly Cell Phone Bill Reimbursement
• 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal holidays