Team Digital Organizer
For Our Future (“FOF”) and For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) are allied organizations together seeking a Digital Organizer to support an ambitious digital communications program.
FOF is a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that aims to win elections and regain political power. FOFAF is a non-profit “social welfare” organization that aims to advance a progressive legislative and policy agenda. Together they work to build permanent progressive power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on issues. FOF/FOFAF were founded in 2016 by a coalition of groups on the cutting edge of political action, including NextGen America, labor unions representing a cross-section of working families, and allied progressive organizations. In 2016, we invested $60 million toward building the foundation and continued our efforts organizing and engaging communities in 2017. FOF and FOFAF plan to expand and continue their unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020. For Our Future is on the ground, with infrastructure and staff already working in Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.
For Wisconsin’s Future is a people-driven organization committed to serving progressive values and causes. We are committed to mobilizing working families on creating shared economic prosperity, building strong public schools, addressing climate change and supporting racial justice. In 2018, FOF aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. Our goal is to turn communicators into connectors, engage communities in policy fights, and turn out voters for progressive issues and champions for Election Day victories. This is a temporary position with an end date of November 15, 2018.
*Candidates with experience in progressive politics will be given stronger consideration. *
Are you passionate about progressive politics and interested in working with cutting-edge digital organizing tools to communicate with voters? If so, consider joining For Our Future Wisconsin as our new Team Digital Organizer! Team is an innovative phone application that combines traditional organizing principles with digital technologies. We are looking for a hardworking individual with both tech savvy and organizing skills to expand the scope of our work with the Team application and other digital programs for the 2018 election cycle. This is your chance to make a difference while developing experience with innovative voter outreach tools that have become essential to modern political campaigns. Each day, you will collaborate with other members of our team to modernize the landscape of political organizing by reaching out to voters in new, innovative ways. Applicants should be quick-learners who will meet new challenges with ambition and creativity.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Build widespread investment in the Team app among the general Wisconsin progressive community.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to meet organizing goals.
- Write and lead instructional trainings with activists and community members across the state.
- Study the landscape of Wisconsin digital communications; identifying key voices for amplifying message.
- Develop relationships with activists and digital practitioners across the state.
- Assist with other digital organizing programs as needed.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Expert knowledge of social media — principally Facebook — and an ability to quickly learn new platforms as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with traditional political organizing is strongly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to create content for social media --graphics, video, blog posts, etc-- is not a requirement, but preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Incumbent will perform work in an open-office environment as well as work and manage projects from For Wisconsin’s Future Headquarters.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday from 9a-6pm, however you may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends and/or holidays. This job will require longer hours closer to Election Day.
For Our Future Offers the Following Benefits to All Full-Time Employees:
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid & 5% Employee.
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%.
- $100 Monthly Cell Phone Allowance.
- 6.66 hours per month of Vacation accrued granted for a maximum of 10 days every new calendar year.
- 5.33 hours per month of Paid Sick Time accrued for a maximum of 8 days every new calendar year.
- All paid federal holidays and 2 floating holidays.
Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and three references to: https://boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/1389509
For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, military service, or veteran status. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, he or she should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm your that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.