Wisconsin Lead Canvasser
This is issue advocacy and electoral work only, no fundraising, no sales/solicitations
For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) & For Our Future (“FOF”) is seeking full-time Lead Organizers to execute the statewide field plan, chiefly by supervising the day to day operations of the Paid Canvass and Relational Voter Program Organizers.
FOF aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. In 2017, FOFAF continued to engage on community issues with a focus on establishing permanence and economies of scale to be leveraged. Building off our 2016 campaign in five battleground states, FOF continued its unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020, expanding to new states along the way. The model is to work with and through community-based organizations and local activist networks, with a focus on face-to-face conversations. Our goal is to engage communities in policy fights and turn out voters for progressive issues and champions for Election Day victories.
For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively. This is a temporary position with an end date of November 07, 2018. This position pays $18 per hour.
*Candidates with experience in progressive politics will be given stronger consideration. *
Lead Canvassers will be responsible for, assisting canvassers while they are out on the doors, assisting in coordinating canvass logistics with mapping and tracking, verifying /validating tallies gathered during each shift and debriefing with all canvassers at the end of each shift. Lead Canvassers will also be responsible conducting a phone survey and data analysis. Lead Canvassers report to the Paid Canvass Organizer and the Lead Organizer. Positions available in multiple locations.
The Lead Canvassers will work 30 hours per week at a rate of $18.00 per hour.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Vigorously and diligently work to generate leads while engaging in door to door campaigning instructed by the Paid Canvass Organizer(s) & Lead Organizer.
- Provide feedback of canvassing results to the Paid Canvass Organizer(s) & Lead Organizer.
- Communicate with Paid Canvass Organizer(s) & Lead Organizer ideas that can improve effectiveness of the canvassing program.
- Represent For Our Future at all times with the utmost degree of professionalism.
- Maintain neat, and well-organized canvassing materials.
- Accurately keep records on house to house information.
- Complete debrief interviews and data entry.
- Assists in the daily management of canvassing team with a hands-on approach, provides motivation and coaching to help team reach daily, weekly and monthly goals.
- Assists in recruiting, and training of canvass team. Instructs, demonstrates, observes and coaches team to generate leads using approved company methodology.
- Monitors team members daily to ensure they are following scripts and guidelines.
- Assists in coordinating canvass logistics with mapping and tracking, permit logistics, script and flyer maintenance, organizing field lead sheets, verifying / validating leads gathered during each shift.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 1+ years of experience in management experience in canvassing / face to face marketing (Preferred).
- Excellent training and coaching skills.
- Ability and willingness to Canvass and set leads.
- Flexible – includes weekend work.
- Physical ability to stand and walk for long periods at a time.
- Ability to think strategically, with strong project management skills, including attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Ability to self-manage resources (time and budget) to achieve objectives.
- Ability to analyze effectiveness of canvassing program and canvassing team.
- Ability to understand the role of marketing communications, sales promotion and advertising.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Incumbent will perform work in an open-office environment as well as work and manage projects from FOF – Wisconsin Headquarters and FOF – Washington, D.C. National Headquarters.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday from 10am-7pm, however you may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends and/or holidays. This job will require longer hours closer to Election Day.
Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and three references to: https://boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/1318417
For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, military service, or veteran status. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, he or she should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm your that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.