Wisconsin GOTV Organizer
This is issue advocacy and electoral work only, no fundraising, no sales/solicitations
For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) & For Our Future (“FOF”) is seeking full-time Lead Organizers to execute the statewide field plan, chiefly by supervising the day to day operations of the Paid Canvass and Relational Voter Program Organizers.
FOF aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. In 2017, FOFAF continued to engage on community issues with a focus on establishing permanence and economies of scale to be leveraged. Building off our 2016 campaign in five battleground states, FOF continued its unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020, expanding to new states along the way. The model is to work with and through community-based organizations and local activist networks, with a focus on face-to-face conversations. Our goal is to engage communities in policy fights and turn out voters for progressive issues and champions for Election Day victories.
For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively. This is a temporary position with an end date of November 30, 2018. This position pays $3,250 per month.
*Candidates with experience in progressive politics will be given stronger consideration. *
Regional GOTV Organizer will help with the essential task of coordinating our GOTV operation with the field program and creating the structures that will allow us to mobilize our voters. They will work with our Lead Organizers to identify new canvassers who they will then organize to create the physical infrastructure for GOTV canvass. GOTV Organizers report to the Lead Organizer.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Volunteer recruitment, including calls to potential volunteers, and outreach to community groups and schools for recruitment of new volunteers.
- One-on-one and group training of volunteers, and mobilization through motivation.
- Ensure best volunteer experience in the state, with high impact and fun as part of any volunteer event.
- Track and prepare canvassing plans (doors to knock) with volunteers.
- Ensure data collected is recorded and entered into database.
- Community organizing experience preferred but not required.
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded.
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered on time.
- Representing the campaign at community events and meetings when advised by the campaign.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously;
- Candidates will have experience leading teams and managing coalitions in a professional manner
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes
- Ability to work long hours and up to seven days a week.
- Familiarity with advocacy or electoral campaigns, and the use of data to set goals and measure progress
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to think strategically, with strong project management skills, including attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Ability to self-manage resources (time and budget) to achieve objectives.
- Experience with public interest and grassroots politics or other nonprofit groups
- Proven ability to supervise and energize volunteers
- Understands the mechanics of organizing and experience working with and recruiting volunteers
- Experience communicating with voters
- Experience working with Voter Activation Network (VAN) and preparing and running canvasses.
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Incumbent will perform work in an open-office environment as well as work and manage projects from FOF – Wisconsin Headquarters and FOF – Washington, D.C. National Headquarters.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday from 10a-7pm, however you may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends and/or holidays. This job will require longer hours closer to Election Day.
For Our Future Offers the Following Benefits to All Full-Time Employees:
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid & 5% Employee.
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%.
- $100 Monthly Cell Phone Allowance.
- 6.66 hours per month of Vacation accrued granted for a maximum of 10 days every new calendar year.
- 5.33 hours per month of Paid Sick Time accrued for a maximum of 8 days every new calendar year.
- All paid federal holidays and 2 floating holidays.
Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and three references to: https://boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/1317532
For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, military service, or veteran status. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, he or she should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm your that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.