Wisconsin Paid Canvass Organizer - Job Description
This is issue advocacy and electoral work only, no fundraising, no sales/solicitations
For Our Future (“FOF”) and For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) are allied organizations together seeking Paid Canvass Organizers to execute the statewide field plan, chiefly by leading Paid Canvassers while doing Direct Voter Contact, and supporting the Lead Organizer in the day-to-day operations of a regional office. This is a full-time position with benefits & competitive pay that lasts from September 2018 through November 30, 2018. Salary $3,250/month. Health Insurance, 401K option, monthly cell phone reimbursement.
FOF is a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that aims to win elections and regain political power. FOFAF is a non-profit “social welfare” organization that aims to advance a progressive legislative and policy agenda. Together they work to build permanent progressive power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on issues. FOF/FOFAF were founded in 2016 by a coalition of groups on the cutting edge of political action, including NextGen America, labor unions representing a cross-section of working families, and allied progressive organizations. In 2016, we invested $60 million toward building the foundation and continued our efforts organizing and engaging communities in 2017. FOF and FOFAF plan to expand and continue their unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020. For Our Future is on the ground, with infrastructure and staff already working in Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Paid Canvass Organizers report directly to their Lead Organizer. Positions available in multiple locations. Some regional travel may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of canvassers in execution of field and organizing strategy
- Recruit Canvassers
- Implement rigorous processes for meeting assigned goals associated with each metric on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Coach and train staff on best practices for organizing, and skill set development.
- Prioritize quality voter interactions without sacrificing quantity
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry and reporting
- Represent the organization at community events and meetings when assigned
- At least 1-2 cycles of competitive field experience, preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN a plus
- Basic computer literacy and database skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Must have reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects
- Some familiarity with, or interest in, relationship-based organizing, leadership development, and team building
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong coaching skills and abilities
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required
- Management experience preferred
- Winning mentality
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.