Virginia Operations Director
For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) & For Our Future - Virginia (“FOF-VA”) is seeking a Virginia Operations Director to facilitate the day-to-day operations of this progressive organization.
FOF aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. In 2017, FOFAF continued to engage on community issues with a focus on establishing permanence and economies of scale to be leveraged. Building off our 2016 campaign in five battleground states, FOF continued its unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020, expanding to new states along the way. The model is to work with and through community-based organizations and local activist networks, with a focus on face-to-face conversations. Our goal is to engage communities in policy fights and turn out voters for progressive issues and champions for Election Day victories.
For Our Future-Virginia (FOF-VA) is a collection of activists, community leaders, students, families and progressive organizations working to advance a progressive agenda in Virginia. We are on the ground in every part of the Commonwealth, working to connect local, state, and federal issues to electoral power. Our long-term goals are to strengthen public education, economic security, social justice, and the environment through grassroots organizing and advocacy campaigns.
FOF-VA is a program for For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Work with National Operations team to ensure the smooth processing of accounting and compliance documents.
- Work with State Director to manage the budget.
- Ensure time-sheet compliance for all in-state employees.
- Manage & track all expenses and contracts related to field offices: lease agreements, internet contracts, and other contracts.
- Work with State Director to provide excellent customer service to employees and serve as a first POC for human resources inquiries & concerns.
- Work with Organizing Director and State Director to assist with in-state hiring and tracking through Greenhouse software.
- Gather new hire paperwork (e.g. I-9, Tax Forms, Direct Deposit, etc.)
- Ensure required documentation is received and reflected in the appropriate systems.
- Maintain in-state directory and other organizational charts.
- Order, store and organize all office supplies & equipment.
- Collect and submit reimbursement paperwork.
- Record retention for all state expenses (receipts & payment records as needed).
- Update internal operation procedures document as needed.
- Coordinate with Organizing Director to schedule team meetings and to provide follow-ups
- Support the State Director in managing and resolving operational issues.
- Store, file and retrieve corporate documents and reports as and when needed.
- Perform general office administrative and clerical duties.
- Maintain logs and spreadsheets for all office activities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple types of administrative tasks; strong attention to detail and accuracy; persistent follow-through skills.
- Must show a high level of discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Familiarity with administering databases, payroll and benefits preferred
- Experience managing staff and/or interns
- Enjoys being a key contributor to a strong team.
- Ability to travel within the state and work long hours
- Exercise good judgment in high-pressure situations. Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the responsibilities of the position evolves
- Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively communicate to all levels within an organization.
- Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situations
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Finance, Business or Pre-Law (Preferred)
Expected Hours of Work:
- Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday from 9a-6pm, however you may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends and/or holidays. This job will require longer hours closer to Election Day.
For Our Future Offers the Following Benefits to All Full-Time Employees:
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid & 5% Employee.
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%.
- $100 Monthly Cell Phone Allowance.
- 6.66 hours per month of Vacation accrued granted for a maximum of 10 days every new calendar year.
- 5.33 hours per month of Paid Sick Time accrued for a maximum of 8 days every new calendar year.
- All paid federal holidays and 2 floating holidays.
Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and three references to: https://boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/1309058
For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, military service, or veteran status. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, he or she should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm your that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.