For Our Future (“FOF”) and For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) are allied organizations together seeking a Payroll Manager to join our corporate office team. The Payroll Specialist will perform a variety of activities associated with the administration, processing, reporting, and delivery of payroll services to one or more operating companies. Primary responsibility will be the timely and accurate processing of bi-weekly multi-state, in-house payroll(s) while providing excellent customer service. The ideal candidate is deadline-driven who has extreme attention to detail, works well independently and on a team and is a master multitasker. Strong communication skills are a must as this person will be working with team members across all six of our program states as well as our corporate team.
*Candidates with experience in progressive politics will be given stronger consideration.*
- Perform payroll functions including processing payroll, tax reporting requirements, benefits administration, ACA administration, 401(k) processing, and supplemental benefits processing for the company
- Assist Controller with transition from semi-monthly to bi-weekly payroll.
- Implement and manage payroll processes and procedures to accurately pay employees in a multi-location, multi-state environment
- Establish and maintain employee/payroll records: New Hire entry, changes in pay and tax status, direct deposit, etc.
- Distribute correspondence to state operations directors regarding on-boarding, time and attendance, payroll, PTO requests, and performance review data entry.
- Help train state and national staff on PayChex systems for time and attendance, performance reviews, and PTO requests.
- Distribute payroll reports each pay period to Controller and accounting firm.
- Ensures documentation retained per legal requirements and company policy to ensure accuracy and completeness of payroll processing
- Processing of garnishments and wage levies, leave events voluntary and involuntary terminations, and performing benefits and tax procedures
- Review and audit of timekeeping records
- Work cohesively with HR to ensure FMLA is accurately tracked in the payroll system and all other leave requests (timing off, disability, workers compensation)
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, job titles, transfers, etc.
- Inspection of pay registers and standard reports to verify/correct any out-of-balance conditions and ensures that all wage deductions, deposits, adjustments, and garnishments are applied appropriately
- Prepares/reconciles reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides general ledger support
- Ensures compliance with all applicable State and Federal wage and hour laws
- Ensure corporate policies are properly administered and new policies are adequately documented and communicated across all divisions
- Provide departmental leadership and guidance for resolution support associated with payroll administration issues and procedures
- Partners with senior management for annual renewal process, including compiling census data, and assistance with the open enrollment process
- Manages COBRA administration
- Manages and prioritizes projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Respond timely to employee and provider requests, answering all payroll related inquiries
- Performs related duties as assigned
- 5 – 7 years experience in multi-state Payroll and Benefits administration
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or comparable work experience
- Experience in a non-profit or political environment preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Paychex-based Accounting/Payroll/Reporting systems proficiency preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- Customer-service oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cellphone Bill Reimbursement
- 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year - pro-rated based on start date, as well as all paid federal holidays.
- 8 Sick Days granted at the start of every calendar year - pro-rated based on start date.
For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, military service, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law.
ABOUT FOF & FOFAF
FOF is a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that aims to win elections and regain political power. FOFAF is a non-profit “social welfare” organization that aims to advance a progressive legislative and policy agenda. Together they work to build permanent progressive power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on issues. FOF/FOFAF were founded in 2016 by a coalition of groups on the cutting edge of political action, including NextGen America, labor unions representing a cross-section of working families, and allied progressive organizations. In 2016, we invested $60 million toward building the foundation and continued our efforts organizing and engaging communities in 2017. FOF and FOFAF plan to expand and continue their unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020. For Our Future is on the ground, with infrastructure and staff already working in Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.