Nevada Political Outreach Organizer
For Our Future and For Our Future Action Fund are seeking a Nevada Political Outreach Organizer to help build and maintain strategic and tactical relationships and alliances with key progressive organizations that we partner with statewide. Responsibilities will include assisting in the development of electoral partner plans and implementing those programs throughout the 2018 election cycle; serving as the point person between FOF-NV and our partners on the ground; and tracking the progress-to-goal for each assigned partner organization.
For Nevada’s Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit social welfare organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively. We are a people-driven organization committed to serving progressive values and causes. We are committed to mobilizing working families on creating shared economic prosperity, building strong public schools, addressing climate change and supporting racial justice. In 2018, FOF aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. Our goal is to turn communicators into connectors, engage communities in policy fights, and turn out voters for progressive issues and champions for Election Day victories. This is a temporary position with an end date of November 30, 2018.
• Build and maintain strategic and tactical relationships and alliances with key organizations on the statewide level. This includes hosting regular meetings with representatives of partner organizations and allies to strategize work plans, identify gaps in programmatic coverage, and eliminate duplicate activities to ensure all organizations are working in an efficient manner.
• Work with assigned partner organizations to create and implement strategic field plans throughout the 2018 election cycle -- including providing assistance with plan writing, targeting, political outreach, progress tracking and operations.
• Work with FOF regional field directors to ensure that state partners are developing and implementing strategic field plans that promote progressive issues and candidates to targeted communities.
• Prepare regular reports for FOF senior leadership on the progress of these partnerships and their performance and effectiveness in the field.
• Work with assigned partner organizations to develop creative ways to utilize their membership lists and strategies for communicating to the broader communities they are targeting.
• Work with state communications team to ensure partners are aware and involved in any opportunities for earned media, paid media, field and organizing events.
• Compile a calendar or partner activities in the state and identify vehicles to leverage these opportunities.
• Identify innovative ways to reach potential validators to expand our base of support in the state and develop new progressive voices.
• Knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN/LAN preferred.
• Community organizing experience preferred but not required.
• Ability to work irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics-driven work environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
• Ability to work independently and in team settings.
• Strong coaching skills and management abilities.
• Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required.
• Strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in high-pressure situations. Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the responsibilities as the position evolves.
• Commitment to the mission; Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and empowering state/local organizations to lead; Understanding of local community-based organizations and respect for their leaders and programs.
• Reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to travel within the state and work long hours.
• Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office. Basic computer literacy and database skills.
• Experience with social media platforms preferred.
• Incumbent will perform work in an open-office environment as well as work and manage projects from Las Vegas, Nevada.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
• Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday from 9a-5pm, however you may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends and/or holidays. This job will require longer hours closer to Election Day.
FOR OUR FUTURE OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS TO ALL FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES:
• Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee.
• Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
• $100 Monthly Cell Phone Bill Reimbursement.
• 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal holidays.
Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and three references to:https://boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/1264492
For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, military service, or veteran status. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, he or she should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm your that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.