Nevada Training + GOTV Director - Top Targeted Statewide Campaign
For Our Future and For Our Future Action Fund are seeking a Training/GOTV Director in Nevada to lead a robust statewide training program and implement a strategic GOTV program for the 2018 election cycle. This is a new dedicated component of the program designed to develop and organize local leaders and organizations, and ultimately prepare them for a robust Get Out The Vote program. The Training/GOTV Director will work with leadership to craft training plans and programming to achieve organizational goals and will be responsible for developing systems to assess the success of each training program at every level and in every region. Responsibilities will also include development and implementation of a strategic and targeted GOTV program aimed at mobilizing and turning out targeted voters during early vote and on Election Day.
For Nevada’s Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit social welfare organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively. We are a people-driven organization committed to serving progressive values and causes. We are committed to mobilizing working families on creating shared economic prosperity, building strong public schools, addressing climate change and supporting racial justice. In 2018, FOF aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. Our goal is to turn communicators into connectors, engage communities in policy fights, and turn out voters for progressive issues and champions for Election Day victories. This is a temporary position with an end date of November 30, 2018.
- Develop and execute a training program for FOF staff, partner organizations and grassroots activists that focuses on leadership development, organizational management, and a curriculum to share best practices for high-quality, data-driven field and communications programs
- Build and maintain clearinghouse of training materials for staff and partners, covering subjects ranging from: building and maintaining political relationships and coalitions, to delivering an effective persuasion message at the doors, etc.
- Facilitate learning across regions and partner programs.
- Design and direct strategies to measure the success of training programs and advise staff on strategies to measure success.
- Support FOF and partner leadership staff in designing programs to source organizing talent.
- Directly organize and facilitate trainings.
- Work with FOF staff and partner organizations statewide to develop and implement a strategic and robust GOTV program for the 2018 election cycle that focuses on mobilizing targeted voters to turnout during early vote and on Election Day.
- Understanding of the general progressive landscape at the local, state, and national level preferred. Demonstrated ability to turn activists into leaders through training in a local or statewide setting preferred.
- Understanding and experience applying training best practices, developing trainings to varying audiences, writing needs assessments and evaluating programs (particularly training programs) in traditional and non-traditional training settings required.
- Experience managing all of the logistics involved in a training program; from budget, to recruitment of trainees, to managing staff/trainers involved in execution required.
- Experience training others to be trainers is preferred. Examples of past training materials & curriculum may be requested.
- Ability to write compelling training materials, program reports, marketing documents, and program debrief reports, with examples.
- Experience executing statewide issue advocacy campaigns, and working within or managing issue coalitions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective and successful GOTV electoral plans.
- Solutions-oriented approach, with a willingness to take initiative, while juggling several priorities that may change quickly. Multi-tasker with excellent time management skills and ability to hit deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships and maintaining communication with key stakeholders a plus.
- Previous staff management experience a plus.
- Strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in high-pressure situations. Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the responsibilities as the position evolves.
- Commitment to the mission; Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and empowering state/local organizations to lead; Understanding of local community-based organizations and respect for their leaders and programs.
- Reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel within the state and work long hours.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office. Basic computer literacy and database skills.
- Experience with social media platforms preferred.
- Incumbent will perform work in an open-office environment as well as work and manage projects from Las Vegas, Nevada.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday from 9a-5pm, however you may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends and/or holidays. This job will require longer hours closer to Election Day.
FOR OUR FUTURE OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS TO ALL FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES:
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cell Phone Bill Reimbursement
- 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal holidays
Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and three references to:https://boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/1264456
For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, military service, or veteran status. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, he or she should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm your that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.