National Digital Content Manager Job Description
Progressive 501c(4) and Super PAC seeks an National Digital Content Manager. This position reports to the Communications Director. The National Digital Content Manager will work closely with the digital consultant, seven state digital teams, and communications team to plan, coordinate and execute digital content including but not limited to digital ads, emails, and social media content. This is a temporary position with an end date of December 31, 2018.
For Our Future does things DIFFERENTLY. We are committed to helping community partners build their own digital communications capacity and to seek new and innovative ways to use social media to cultivate community-based progressive voices, arm them with compelling content, and train them to be effective digital communicators.
For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) is a non-profit social welfare organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”) is a federally registered independent expenditure political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
- Work closely with Digital consultant and state digital teams.
- Assist states in creating and executing aggressive, long- and short-term digital communications strategies.
- Identify new digital communications avenues and creating compelling digital content that can be localized in states.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with states surrounding social media ad buys and email sends.
- Draft emails for national fundraising.
- Partner with states to maintain and update social media channels with original content, including graphics, videos, and other creative content.
- Coordinate email calendar of national fundraising emails and state-based emails.
- Assist states execute email program.
- Manage calendar of states’ digital content.
- Manage approval process for digital content.
- 2-4 years’ experience in digital strategy, content development, and social media account management.
- Experience with email marketing, video editing, blogs and other web content providers.
- Experience with successful managing multiple clients and/or multiple projects.
- Creativity in message delivery and plan design, ability to look at digital communications challenges differently and respond with innovative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with unpredictable hours, and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member in a busy office with personal enthusiasm, optimism, and a sense of humor.
- A passion for progressive causes.
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Incumbent will perform work in an open-office environment as well as work and manage projects from multiple states, remotely in DC.
- Standing while conducting training, up to 3 hours at a time.
- Sitting up to 8 hours at a time.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday from 9a-5pm, however you may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends and/or holidays. This job will require longer hours closer to Election Day.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED, or 3 years’ experience in similar role
- 2-4 years’ experience in digital strategy, content development, and social media account management
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
- Familiarity with Online Ad Platforms included but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Experience planning and executing email calendars.
- Experience planning and executing social media campaigns.
- Microsoft office and Google Suite competency.
- Community organizing experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: https://boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/1259003