Florida Regional Field Director
For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) & For Our Future (“FOF”) is seeking full-time Field Organizers in Florida for aggressive community organizing, outreach, and voter contact programs.
FOF aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. In 2017, FOFAF continued to engage on community issues with a focus on establishing permanence and economies of scale to be leveraged. Building off our 2016 campaign in five battleground states, FOF continued its unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020, expanding to new states along the way. The model is to work with and through community-based organizations and local activist networks, with a focus on face-to-face conversations. Our goal is to engage communities in policy fights and turn out voters for progressive issues and champions for Election Day victories.
For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively. This is a temporary position with an end date of November 15, 2018.
*Candidates with experience in progressive politics will be given stronger consideration. *
The Florida Regional Field Director will be responsible for coaching and managing a team of field organizers to hit data-driven organizing metrics. The Florida Regional Field Director should be positive, solutions-oriented, willing to take on demanding work and capable of motivating a diverse team of Field Organizers. The Florida Regional Field Director will report to the Deputy Field Director.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Being a skilled manager, as candidates will be responsible for more than traditional field work.
- Working directly with state leadership to help implement new communications and digital strategies in your region.
- Having a passion for community organizing and movement building, as well as a track record of managing programs that develop capacity to meet metrics-based goals on data-driven campaigns.
- Managing organizers and canvassers to educate on progressive issues and get out the vote to boost progressives up and down the ballot.
- Working with the Training Director to ensure that all staff are properly trained and consistently productive throughout the day.
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded.
- Conducting extensive coaching and development with staff on best practices for organizing, canvassing recruitment and retention.
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered on time.
- Monitoring metrics within each assigned region including knocks per shifts, flake rate, completion rate, confirmation rate; implementing rigorous systems to meet assigned goals associated with this metrics.
- Representing the campaign at community events and meetings when advised by the organization.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience managing a team and hitting electoral goals.
- 2-4 years relationship-based organizing and leadership development experience, including one-on-one meetings and team building.
- Outreach and partnership building with other progressive organizations.
- Media and communications experience.
- Staff training & management skills.
- 2-4 cycles of competitive field experience.
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, basic computer literacy, database skills, and access to a reliable portable computer.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics driven work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Incumbent will perform work in an open-office environment as well as work and manage projects from FOF – Florida Headquarters and FOF – Washington, D.C. National Headquarters.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday from 9a-6pm, however you may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends and/or holidays. This job will require longer hours closer to Election Day.
For Our Future Offers the Following Benefits to All Full-Time Employees:
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid & 5% Employee.
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%.
- $100 Monthly Cell Phone Allowance.
- 6.66 hours per month of Vacation accrued granted for a maximum of 10 days every new calendar year.
- 5.33 hours per month of Paid Sick Time accrued for a maximum of 8 days every new calendar year.
- All paid federal holidays and 2 floating holidays.
Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and three references to: https://boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/1254415
For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, military service, or veteran status. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, he or she should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm your that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.