For Our Future and For Our Future Action Fund are seeking a Deputy Training Director in Ohio to support a
robust training program. This program includes: trainings for community organizations, local activists and
leaders, partnership programs, and FOF staff.
The Deputy Training Director will work with the Training Director to design, build and manage a training
program to be executed by the training department and field department in region. The Deputy Training
Director will work with regional staff to craft needs-specific training content; and they will assist with in region
canvasser skill-building. The Deputy Training Director will report to the Training Director.
For Ohio's Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit social welfare organization,
& For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered independent expenditure political action committee that
incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
We do things differently! We are a people-driven organization committed to serving progressive values and
causes. We are committed to investing and growing the progressive infrastructure. We do this by providing
support to our local community partners to build lasting progressive political power in their communities. Some
of that support includes providing them with the training, tools, and resources necessary to empower their
community and cultivate leaders. We are also strongly committed to standing in solidarity with our union
brothers and sisters by mobilizing working families on creating shared economic prosperity, building strong
public schools, addressing climate change and supporting racial justice.
● Required to travel to field offices throughout the state to observe and assist with canvasser training
● Organize and facilitate trainings as directed by the Training Director
● Create training materials for staff and partners on a breadth of topics including: canvassing best
practices, effective conversations with voters, get out the vote practices, and issue areas pertaining to the election
● Support occasional onboarding for new staff members by preparing materials and facilitating some
portions of new staff onboarding training
● Team Player - Talented in team building, can work collaboratively and horizontally across the organization.
● Experienced Trainer - Has experience training different audiences, evaluating programs and applying best practices. Prior experience in a training role preferred, but not required.
● Experience with group facilitation.
● Engaging public speaker
● Analytical thinker
● Enthusiasm for Building Progressive Power - Passion for empowering people through skill building is required. Prior field experience strongly preferred.
● Deputy Training Director should be based in Columbus, Ohio
● Deputy Training Director will need to travel to field offices throughout the state on a weekly basis
● Work will be conducted in an office setting, requiring sitting and standing for long periods of time
● Access to reliable transportation for travel around the state
● Standing while conducting training, up to 3 hours at a time
● Sitting up to 8 hours at a time
● Driving up to 4 hours at a time
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
● Normal business hours are Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM
● Must be willing to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends and evenings
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● 1 cycle campaign field experience
● Experience training volunteers or staff
● High school diploma or GED
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● Experience creating training materials
● 2 cycles campaign field experience preferred
● Microsoft office and Google Suite competency
● Earned media and community organizing experience
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LISTING OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE. OTHER DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE OR BE ASSIGNED AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for
limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local,
state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, military service, or
veteran status. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, he
or she should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at
will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or
without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No
representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement
with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you
hereby affirm your that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or
written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status,
except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized
representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.