Ohio Canvass Manager - Top Targeted Statewide Campaign=
For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future, is seeking full-time Canvass Managers for an aggressive organizing and paid canvassing program in Ohio. They will be responsible for executing the statewide field plan, political organizing and supervision of paid canvasser operation(s) within their assigned region. They will report directly to their assigned Regional Director.
For Ohio's Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit social welfare organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered independent expenditure political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
We do things differently! We are a people-driven organization committed to serving progressive values and causes. We are committed to investing and growing the progressive infrastructure. We do this by providing support to our local community partners to build lasting progressive political power in their communities. Some of that support included providing them with the training, tools, and resources necessary to empower their community and cultivate leaders. We are also strongly committed to standing in solidarity with our union brothers and sisters by mobilizing working families on creating shared economic prosperity, building strong public schools, addressing climate change and supporting racial justice.
- Responsible for extensive community outreach, attending meetings, and participating in community events.
- Manage paid canvass operations
- Ensure all reporting is accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Serve on the front lines of our voter contact program, including regular door-to-door canvassing
- Participate in and organize direct voter contact activities through partner organizations or to fill in gaps in local capacity
- Identify, activate and train potential activists and leaders in partner and ally organizations.
- Assist partner and ally organizations in developing efficient and effective voter contact activities.
- Assist with planning large earned media events at the direction of the communications department, including targeting impactful settings, recruiting opinion-leaders to participate and staffing events.
- Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met.
- Develop and foster relationships with community organizations, aiming to engage their leaders and constituencies in our issue and electoral fights.
- Provide reports to the statewide leadership team about issues that resonate at the local and regional level.
- Create and coordinate community mobilization events
- Assist with communications and press activity in region
- Assist with research and data testing in region
- Assist with delivering training programs
- Access to reliable transportation with a valid driver's license required.
- Availability to work long and irregular hours in a fast-paced, metrics driven environment
- Adaptable to changing conditions requiring critical thinking skills.
- Good judgement and sound decision making skills
- Commitment to For Our Future’s mission to build long-term progressive infrastructure.
- Possess a passion for community organizing and movement building.
- Willingness to coach and teach others
- Possess strong communications skills both written and oral
- Basic knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Record of organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects.
- Possess a winning mentality.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cellphone Bill Reimbursement
- 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal
For Our Future is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, military service, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law.