For Our Future does things DIFFERENTLY. We are committed to helping community partners build lasting progressive political power by providing them with the training, tools and resources necessary to empower their community and cultivate leaders.
For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future, is seeking a full-time Regional Director to work in Lansing, MI for an aggressive organizing, communications, and paid canvassing program. The Regional Director will be responsible for executing the statewide field plan, political organizing and supervision of paid canvasser operation(s) within his/her assigned region. Regional Directors will report directly to their assigned Deputy Field Director and the Field Director.
For Michigan's Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit social welfare organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered independent expenditure political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead organizers and canvassers to execute a field program that educates voters on progressive issues and get out the vote to boost turnout for progressive candidates up and down the ballot.
- Build crucial relationships with leaders of the progressive community.
- Responsible for overseeing FOF internal field program and providing on the ground training and support where necessary to partner organizations within the region.
- Ensuring that all staff are properly trained and consistently productive throughout the day.
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded.
- Conduct extensive coaching and development with staff on best practices for organizing, paid canvassing recruitment and retention.
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered on time.
- Monitoring metrics within each assigned region including knocks per shift, flake rate, completion rate, confirmation rate; implementing rigorous systems to meet assigned goals associated with these metrics.
- Representing the campaign at community events and meetings when advised by the campaign.
- A passion for community organizing and movement building.
- 3-5 years relationship-based organizing and leadership development experience, one-to-one meetings, and team building.
- Experience with outreach and partnership building with other progressive organizations.
- Media and communications experience.
- Staff training & management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and hold team members accountable
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN, Microsoft Excel, basic computer literacy, database skills, and access to a reliable portable computer.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics driven work environment.
- Must have reliable access to a vehicle with a valid driver's license.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Winning mentality.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
In addition to a very competitive salary For Our Future offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cell Phone Bill Reimbursement
- 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal holidays
How to Apply: Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and three employer references to this site.