Pennsylvania Field Organizer: For Pennsylvania’s Future (various positions across Pennsylvania)
For Our Future and For Our Future Action Fund are seeking Field Organizers to direct a robust on- and off-year advocacy and independent electoral state progressive organization.
FOF aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. In 2018, FOFAF will continue to engage on community issues with a focus on establishing permanence and economies of scale to be leveraged. FOF will continue its unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020. The model is to work with and through community-based organizations and local activist networks, with a focus on field and community engagement. Our goal is to turn communicators into connectors, engage communities in policy fights, and turn out voters for progressive issues and champions for Election Day victories.
For Our Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for extensive community outreach, including phone calls and community events.
- Will serve on the front lines of a voter outreach program, including a field canvass.
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded.
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered in a timely manner.
- Enthusiasm for building progressive power, and ability to work and adapt to a changing political and policy landscape.
- Dedication to grassroots, local organizing.
- Knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Basic computer literacy, database skills, and access to a reliable portable computer.
- Community organizing experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics driven work environment.
- Must have reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Strong coaching skills and abilities.
- Strong communication and public speaking skills.
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required.
For Our Future offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cell Phone Bill Reimbursement
- 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal holidays
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FOFAF offers a competitive salary and benefits package consistent with experience, skills and demonstrated abilities.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to the site below.