For Our Future (“FOF”) and For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) are allied organizations together seeking a Director of Operations facilitate the day to day operations of this progressive organization. Salary commensurate with experience. Position based in Detroit, Michigan.
FOF is a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that aims to win elections and regain political power. FOFAF is a non-profit “social welfare” organization that aims to advance a progressive legislative and policy agenda. Together they work to build permanent progressive power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on issues. FOF/FOFAF were founded in 2016 by a coalition of groups on the cutting edge of political action, including NextGen America, labor unions representing a cross-section of working families, and allied progressive organizations. In 2016, we invested $60 million toward building the foundation and continued our efforts organizing and engaging communities in 2017. FOF and FOFAF plan to expand and continue their unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020. For Our Future is on the ground, with infrastructure and staff already working in Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day to day financial, compliance, staffing, and HR training operations
- Work with State Director and Deputy State Director to provide excellent customer service to employees and serve as a first point of contact for human resources inquiries & concerns
- Work with national Operations team to ensure the smooth processing of accounting and compliance documents
- Work with State Director and Deputy State Director to manage and track the budget
- Ensure time sheet compliance for all in-state employees
- Manage and track all expenses and contracts related to field offices: lease agreements, internet contracts, and other contracts
- Work with State Director to assist with in-state hiring and tracking through Greenhouse software
- Work with the Human Resources Director to ensure compliance with employment law, payroll best practices, trainings, and resolving staff issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Order, store, and organize all office supplies and equipment
- Collect reimbursement paperwork
- Record retention for all state expenses (receipts and payment records as needed)
- Update internal operation procedures document as needed
- Coordinate with State Director and Deputy State Director to schedule meetings and to provide follow-ups
- Support State Director in managing and resolving operational issues
- Store, file, and retrieve corporate documents and reports as and when needed
- Manage incoming and outgoing letters and packages
- Perform general office administrative and clerical duties
- Manage all office orders on regular basis
- Maintain logs and spreadsheets for all office activities
- Track and approve outgoing disbursements including, but not limited to, invoices from vendors and contractors, check and wire requests and credit card payments for expenses.
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Familiarity with administering databases, payroll, and benefits preferred
- Experience managing staff and/or interns
- Ability to travel within the state and work long hours
- Exercise good judgment in high-pressure situations. Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the responsibilities of the position evolve
- Experience working on projects and making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with political campaigns or an interest in politics preferred
- Strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situations
- Prior operations/administrative experience a plus
- Ability to work in a team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FOF offers a competitive salary and benefits package consistent with experience and expertise.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and references to this site.