Progressive 501c(4) and Super PAC is seeking a Michigan Data Director/Manager to help meet the day-to-day data needs of progressive issue and electoral advocacy coalition.
For Our Future aims to win elections and gain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. While FOF is new to Michigan this year, FOF has a proven model utilized in five other battleground states in 2016. FOF will continue its unique model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020. The model is to work with and through community-based organizations and local activist networks, with a focus on direct voter contact and earned media. Our goal is to turn communicators into connectors, engage communities in policy discussions, and turn out voters for progressive issues and Election Day victories.
For Our Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
- Act as the liaison between FOF and partner organizations on the use of voter contact tools and assist them in integrating appropriate voter contact and data tools into their engagement programs.
- Communicate with the State Director and the national team to create and employ voter universes for voter contact programs.
- Train partners and staff on: VAN and other tools, targeting techniques (including the use of statistical models), and best practices for using data.
- Produce reports and other materials needed to track, support, and coordinate FOF and partner work.
- Assist FOF staff and partners in facilitating and executing experiments.
- Employ best practices for data management using the organization’s voter file software.
- Prepare ad hoc program analysis for the State Director as needed.
- Work with partner organizations to establish and maintain best practices and standards for data collection, data acquisition, and preservation.
- Function as part of a national data team to build and maintain the shared state and national data infrastructure necessary to support partner program work.
- Work with the Field Director and partner organizations to set quantitative program goals, allocate resources, and build reports/analysis to hold FOF and partners accountable to those goals.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 2 election cycles of field organizing, data, or other direct voter contact programs;
- Extensive experience with VAN (Votebuilder, AV VAN, LAN) or comparable voter file volunteer management software;
- Extensive experience with Excel and Google Sheets;
- Familiarity with voter file vendors such as Catalist or Targetsmart;
- Ability to communicate and train on technical subjects to non-technical audiences;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines;
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail oriented and meet deadlines;
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills;
- Proficiency in SQL or Tableau preferred.
- Relentless dedication to the campaign’s success and willingness to work long hours and the passion to inspire others to do the same.
- Positive attitude and solution based approach in high pressure or difficult situations.
- Strong personal organization skills and a relentless dedication to follow-up.
- Commitment to the Mission - Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and empowering state/local organizations to lead our work. Understanding of local community-based organizations and respect for their leaders and programs.
- Organizer at Heart - Inclination to lead via organizing rather than by decree. Ability to build strong teams to accomplish goals without a need to bottom-line everything. Talented in coalition and team building.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective and successful electoral plans in a data context, including targeting and reporting best practices.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
FOFAF offers a competitive salary and benefits package consistent with experience, skills and demonstrated abilities. For Our Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references here.