For Our Future (“FOF”) and For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) are allied organizations together seeking a Compliance Officer to assist with state and federal campaign finance reporting.
FOF is a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that aims to win elections and regain political power. FOFAF is a non-profit “social welfare” organization that aims to advance a progressive legislative and policy agenda. Together they work to build permanent progressive power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on issues. FOF/FOFAF were founded in 2016 by a coalition of groups on the cutting edge of political action, including NextGen America, labor unions representing a cross-section of working families, and allied progressive organizations. In 2016, we invested $60 million toward building the foundation and continued our efforts organizing and engaging communities in 2017. FOF and FOFAF plan to expand and continue their unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020. For Our Future is on the ground, with infrastructure and staff already working in Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.
- Manage reporting of all contributions and expenditures required by campaign finance law, including all required disclosures to the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and state agencies in Florida, Ohio, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Wisconsin, and other states as required.
- Coordinate the tracking of and reporting process for all citizen engagement and electoral outreach activities, including:
- literature and scripts for door-to-door canvassing,
- phone calls,
- mail and print media,
- digital advertising, and
- all other forms of paid public communications.
- Coordinate with Legal, Operations, Digital, Field staff and other compliance personnel to meet the 24-Hour and 48-Hour federal reporting requirements and reconcile that reporting with subsequent periodic federal reports.
- Ensure all other federal and state reporting deadlines are met by working directly with compliance consultant and legal counsel to resolve issues.
- Coordinate final campaign finance reporting review with external legal, compliance and accounting firms, Legal and Operations staff.
- Produce monthly soft and hard financial reporting all PAC contributions and expenditures, including working closely with external compliance and accounting for reports with the FEC and other relevant state agencies.
- Assist Legal and Operations team with compliance trainings on best practices around financial controls and tracking and identifying independent expenditures.
- Perform routine review and analysis of the general ledger and budget vs actuals, reconciling entries accounting software database with campaign finance database.
- Maintain online donations through “Act Blue” database and entries with regular bank reconciliations.
- Manage compliance of proposed contributions with relevant prohibitions and limits.
- Track internal and external reporting of in-kind contributions.
- Communicate daily with field and operations staff about expenditures disseminated by FOF and FOFAF.
- BA or BS degree in business, political science, public policy or related field;
- 5+ years of progressively responsible compliance, finance and operations experience or equivalent preferred, ideally in a 501c4/PAC affiliated organizational model or other complex operating environment;
- Proven track record and experience with FEC reporting; experience with NGP reporting, preferred;
- Experience coordinating cross-functional teams to develop and implement systems and processes and tracking;
- Demonstrated experience with compliance, administrative support and strategic decision making in a complex organizational environment;
- Ability to translate complex organizational data into clear and simple messages for a wide range of audiences;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of collaboration, flexibility, and attention to detail;
- Strong skills in Excel and Google sheets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to this site.