Ohio Field Organizers/Paid Canvasser - Top Targeted Statewide Campaign
For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future, is seeking a temporary part-time Paid Canvassers for and aggressive and competitive statewide campaign in Ohio. We are seeking passionate people who understand the importance of face-to-face conversations. They will be part of a highly qualified field program to ensure victory. They will be trained in the most effective methods of persuasion, policy, and turnout. They will report directly to their assigned Canvass Manager. This position will end on November 6th, 2018.
For Ohio's Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit social welfare organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered independent expenditure political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively. We are a people-driven organization committed to serving progressive values and causes. We are committed to mobilizing working families on creating shared economic prosperity, building strong public schools, addressing climate change and supporting racial justice. We are committed to investing and growing the progressive infrastructure. For Our Future is seeking part-time interns in Ohio to assist our operations staff in advancing the mission of our organization.
This position is a paid position commensurate with our progressive values at 15 dollars per hour. It is a non-benefit eligible position and candidates will be expected to work between 15-25 hours per week.
- Canvass voters door to door to discuss the upcoming 2018 election
- Use electronic equipment to record the results of voter engagements
- Undergo regular trainings on issues and process to facilitate quality conversations with targeted voters.
- A strong interest in politics and the political process.
- Strong and passionate progressive.
- Exceptional people skills
- Goal oriented.
- Willingness to learn and be better than yesterday.
- Winning mentality
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time in any climate.
- A committed work ethic.
- Candidates should be flexible, detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to operate electronic tablets
- Strong communication and public speaking skills.
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required.
- Access to a vehicle and drivers license.
For Our Future is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, military service, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and references to this site.