For Our Future (“FOF”) and For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) are allied organizations together seeking Lead Organizers to execute the statewide field plan, chiefly by supervising the day to day operations of the Paid Canvass and Relational Voter Program Organizers. This is a full-time position with benefits & competitive pay that lasts from February 2018 through at least December 31, 2018. Salary commensurate with experience.
FOF is a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that aims to win elections and regain political power. FOFAF is a non-profit “social welfare” organization that aims to advance a progressive legislative and policy agenda. Together they work to build permanent progressive power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on issues. FOF/FOFAF were founded in 2016 by a coalition of groups on the cutting edge of political action, including NextGen America, labor unions representing a cross-section of working families, and allied progressive organizations. In 2016, we invested $60 million toward building the foundation and continued our efforts organizing and engaging communities in 2017. FOF and FOFAF plan to expand and continue their unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020. For Our Future is on the ground, with infrastructure and staff already working in Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Lead Organizers report to a Regional Deputy Field Director. Positions available in multiple locations. Some regional travel may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of Field Organizers and canvassers in execution of field and organizing strategy
- Implement rigorous systems for meeting assigned goals associated with each metric on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Monitor metrics including knocks per shifts, flake rate, completion rate, confirmation rate
- Coach and train staff on best practices for organizing, paid canvassing recruitment, and retention
- Prioritize quality voter interactions without sacrificing quantity
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry and reporting
- Represent the organization at community events and meetings when assigned
- At least 1-2 cycles of competitive field experience
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN
- Basic computer literacy and database skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Must have reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects
- Some familiarity with, or interest in, relationship-based organizing, leadership development, and team building
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong coaching skills and abilities
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required
- Management experience preferred
- Winning mentality
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
How to apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to this site.