For Our Future (“FOF”) and For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) are allied organizations together seeking a Digital Organizer to support an ambitious digital communications program. This is a full-time position with benefits & competitive pay that lasts from February 2018 – December 31, 2018. Salary commensurate with experience. Position based in Madison, Wisconsin.
FOF is a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that aims to win elections and regain political power. FOFAF is a non-profit “social welfare” organization that aims to advance a progressive legislative and policy agenda. Together they work to build permanent progressive power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on issues. FOF/FOFAF were founded in 2016 by a coalition of groups on the cutting edge of political action, including NextGen America, labor unions representing a cross-section of working families, and allied progressive organizations. In 2016, we invested $60 million toward building the foundation and continued our efforts organizing and engaging communities in 2017. FOF and FOFAF plan to expand and continue their unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020. For Our Future is on the ground, with infrastructure and staff already working in Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.
For Our Future Wisconsin is seeking highly motivated, creative individuals to join our team as Digital Organizers. In this position, you will play an integral role in a cutting edge approach of melding traditional field organizing with online digital organizing. Each day, you will create and disseminate content to voters while working alongside Field Organizers to layer communications, motivate voters, and establish relationships with activists across the state.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce creative and engaging content for social media daily, including graphics and video
- Maintain and update social media channels
- Work to create and implement short- and long-term digital strategies for 2018
- Craft messaging around local issues with electoral strategy in mind
- Study the landscape of Wisconsin digital communications; identifying key voices for amplifying message
- Expand the reach of For Our Future Wisconsin’s social media
- Develop relationships with activists and digital practitioners across the state
- Perform data-entry tasks to track the success of social media campaigns
Qualifications and Skills
- Expert knowledge of social media — principally Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat — and an ability to quickly learn new platforms as needed
- Experience creating graphics and content for social media; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of messaging across audiences with an ability to match content and tone accordingly
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with traditional electoral campaign operations a plus
- Extensive knowledge of video editing a plus
The ideal candidate is:
- Creative and detail oriented.
- Able to work efficiently and stick to deadlines; can contribute to a team environment and also work independently on projects.
- A go-getter who doesn’t shy away from new challenges.
- Committed to progressive causes with a competitive spirit.
- Knowledgeable of the Wisconsin political climate (preferred).
For Our Future is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, military service, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to this site.