Ohio Canvass Manager - Top Targeted Statewide Campaign
For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future, is seeking a full-time Canvass Managers for an aggressive organizing and paid canvassing program in the Cincinnati area. They will be responsible for executing the statewide field plan, political organizing and supervision of paid canvasser operation(s) within their assigned region. They will report directly to their assigned Regional Director.
For Ohio's Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit social welfare organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered independent expenditure political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively. We are a people-driven organization committed to serving progressive values and causes. We are committed to mobilizing working families on creating shared economic prosperity, building strong public schools, addressing climate change and supporting racial justice. We are committed to investing and growing the progressive infrastructure. For Our Future is seeking part-time interns in Ohio to assist our operations staff in advancing the mission of our organization.
- Responsible for extensive community outreach, attending meetings, and participating in community events.
- Will serve on the front lines of a voter outreach program for local, state and federal candidates in home region, including regular door-to-door canvassing.
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded.
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered in a timely manner.
- Participate in and organize direct voter contact activities through partner organizations or to fill in gaps in local capacity.
- Identify, activate and train potential activists and leaders in partner and ally organizations.
- Assist partner and ally organizations in developing efficient and effective voter contact activities.
- Assist with planning large earned media events at the direction of the communications department, including targeting impactful settings, recruiting opinion-leaders to participate and staffing events.
- Develop and foster relationships with community organizations, aiming to engage their leaders and constituencies in our issue and electoral fights.
- Provide reports to the statewide leadership team about issues that resonate at the local and regional level.
- Coordination and creation of events to mobilize the community.
- Assist with communications and press activity in region.
- Assist with research and data testing in region.
- Assist with delivering training programs.
- Commitment to building power in the progressive movement a must.
- Knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN/LAN preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Basic computer literacy and database skills.
- Community organizing experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics driven work environment.
- Must have reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Strong coaching skills and abilities.
- Strong communication and public speaking skills.
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required.
- Winning Mentality
- Commitment to the Mission - Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and empowering state/local organizations to lead our work. Understanding of local community-based organizations and respect for their leaders and programs.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cellphone Bill Reimbursement
- 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal
For Our Future is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, military service, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law.