Ohio Operations Internship - Top Targeted Statewide Campaign
For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future, is seeking a part-time Operations Intern to help facilitate day-to-day operations in order to fulfill the state plan. They will be responsible for various logistical and support needs as the campaign progresses. They will report directly to the Operations Director.
For Ohio's Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit social welfare organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered independent expenditure political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively. We are a people-driven organization committed to serving progressive values and causes. We are committed to mobilizing working families on creating shared economic prosperity, building strong public schools, addressing climate change and supporting racial justice. We are committed to investing and growing the progressive infrastructure. For Our Future is seeking part-time interns in Ohio to assist our operations staff in advancing the mission of our organization.
This position is a paid position commensurate with our progressive values at 15 dollars per hour. It is a non-benefit eligible position and candidates will be expected to work between 10-20 hours per week through the course of the semester.
Our internship program offers great opportunities for dedicated individuals interested in learning about the political process and enhancing their skills in the political realm. By working under our team of specialists, our interns will be able to learn more about campaigns and elections, and hone their skills in order to understand what it takes to be successful in politics today. Candidates for this position should have an interest in the logistical support of political organizations.
- Ensure timesheet compliance for all in-state employees.
- Manage & track all expenses and contracts related to field offices: lease agreements, internet contracts, and other contracts.
- Work with Operations Director to provide excellent customer service to employees and serve as a first POC for human resources inquiries & concerns.
- Order, store and organize all office supplies & equipment.
- Collect reimbursement paperwork.
- Record retention for all state expenses (receipts & payment records as needed).
- Update internal operation procedures document as needed.
- Coordinate with Manager to schedule team meetings and to provide follow-ups
- Support the Operations Director in managing and resolving operational issues.
- Sort and distribute mails and faxes to respective personnel.
- Store, file and retrieve corporate documents and reports as and when needed.
- Manage incoming and outgoing letters and packages.
- Perform general office administrative and clerical duties.
- Maintain logs and spreadsheets for all office activities.
- A strong interest in politics and the political process;
- A committed work ethic;
- Candidates should be flexible, detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Candidates majoring or possessing a degree in political science, business, human resources or related fields preferred;
- Prospective applicants should be at least in their third-year of the undergraduate degree program;
For Our Future is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, military service, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law.